This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Name a modern convenience you would find hardest to live without.

1. grinnin1 profile image81
    grinnin1posted 5 years ago

Name a modern convenience you would find hardest to live without.

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

An indoor flushing lavatory is probably the greatest boon to modern living, as are plumbed in baths and showers.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Electricity.  When our power goes out, I am lost.

1. BlossomSB profile image91
      BlossomSBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

it's fun when the electricity goes off - briefly. Out come the candles and it's so peaceful eating by candlelight, but keeping warm, keeping food fresh in fridge and freezer and a good light to read by are another matter.
      Electricity is the most use

2. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The big problem for me is we are on a well and without power, no water, and no toilet that flushes.....yikes!

4. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

I would also have to go with indoor plumbing, second would be electricity.

5. Escobana profile image73
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

Central heating! I can't handle the cold at all. I'd suffer a lot if I need to use wood, fire and a stove.

I moved from Holland to Spain. I think that says it all:-)

6. fpherj48 profile image78
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

I only use a cell phone when away from home (driving, etc)....but I can't imagine being without it.  It makes life so much easier and convenient and I feel safer too...........I also have become attached to having the WORLD at my fingertips.(Internet)...and when I'm rushed, I realize the microwave is pretty neat to have!!  If I had to choose ONE....I'd keep my computer!

7. MellyMoo profile image60
    MellyMooposted 5 years ago

Washing machine! Since I have 4 children, I cannot imagine life without one

8. christen whalen profile image61
    christen whalenposted 5 years ago

i'm going to echo a few other people and say indoor plumming. I live about 20 minutes from a large amish community and just thinking about how they have to heat up the water for their baths in the middle of winter and hand scrub all their clothes makes me so grateful for indoor plumming and hot water tanks. even something as simple as doing the dishes, i would have to heat up water and pour it into the sink.

i think there's a lot i could give up, but i'd go kicking and screaming if someone tried to take away my indoor plumming haha.

9. austinhealy profile image72
    austinhealyposted 5 years ago

For me, it would be the internet, definitely !

10. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

My ipad, it is my creative writing and photography outlet as well my connection with with the wide creative world:)

11. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

Well if I had to choose one I'd say the internet!

working