jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Home is where the heart is: You believe this?

1. Atiquemr9 profile image42
    Atiquemr9posted 5 years ago

Home is where the heart is: You believe this?

2. monkeyminds profile image78
    monkeymindsposted 5 years ago

Or, do you mean, "Home is where you hang your hat." ???

3. Escobana profile image77
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

Absolutely!

My heart was not in Holland for the many years I lived there. Now that I moved to Spain, my heart overflows with joy, every time I walk out the door.

It's merely a confirmation of what I knew from the beginning and if my sweetheart moves back to me, home is what it should be and more.

Can't wait to pick him from the airport....next spring!

4. Electro-Denizen profile image83
    Electro-Denizenposted 5 years ago

I think it's true. And it's not just about a physical home, it's about everything someone does. Either your heart is in it, or it's not. It's easy to decide things in life based on that criteria i.e. is my heart really in it?

5. snapbackbetty profile image69
    snapbackbettyposted 5 years ago

Yep! No matter what happens, if your heart is there you will always go back.

6. KristenN4Boys profile image68
    KristenN4Boysposted 5 years ago

Home, for me, is more than just 4 walls and a roof. It's when all of my kids, my fiance' and his kids are under that roof. When we are all together, which is rare, then my heart is overfilled with joy and I am "home". It's more of a state of mind for me.

7. wetnosedogs profile image60
    wetnosedogsposted 5 years ago

Definitely believe it. My heart is not at my day job. My heart is home where the fur flies with 3 dogs and a cat and my heart is with my kids and grandkids.

8. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

Yes, definitely the case for me. I've lived in my current house for 13 years, but my heart for now, still belongs in my old house, because that's where I spent most of my childhood. The house I live in now was passed down to us by my grandparents, so to me it feels like I'm living in their house, rather than in my own.

9. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

Home is where you go and they have to take you in.

10. xls396 profile image55
    xls396posted 5 years ago

Without a doubt!!  Family always comes first, that is where your greatest trust, love and joy come from.

11. brandimae profile image57
    brandimaeposted 5 years ago

Yes! Whether it's your own heart, your friend's heart, or your family's heart, it is absolutely true... because then, you feel at home. smile

12. baygirl33 profile image61
    baygirl33posted 5 years ago

Home is where I want to be when I'm away. It's amazing to walk into my house after being away for a few weeks. It's where my stuff is.It's where I have everything at my finger tips.Home is where I feel safe and secure and comfortable.IT's where I know there's no bugs.I can roll out of bed and have my coffee on the door steps if it's warm,by the fire if it's cold.
    Home is where I love to be!

working