jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do my vegetable plant's flowers continue to fall off and not produce?

1. dorothy0328 profile image77
    dorothy0328posted 4 years ago

Why do my vegetable plant's flowers continue to fall off and not produce?

2. Dads world profile image60
    Dads worldposted 4 years ago

Lots of reasons, Including season, watering patterns, and soil choice. I would try looking up composting. I would also look up hydroponic growing methods (hanging plants).

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

They probably aren't being fertilized, therefore they drop off. This happens when there are few insects available to pollinate the flowers, either because of weather conditions, use of pesticides, environmental factors (climate) etc. Best bet is to manually pollinate the flowers by using a small paintbrush and brushing it firstly into the male flowers (those without a bulge at the base of the flower) and brushing the pollen into the flowers that do have a bulge at the base (the female flowers).

Also important to keep the plants well fed and watered or they will drop their flowers before pollination can take place.

Good Luck

4. LensMan999 profile image52
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

Vegetables need a lot of water as well as manure to grow well. I think the flowers of your plants fall due to lack of water. But let the plants grow in places where they get good sunshine. Avoid using pesticides. Try to use natural manures. Then you will definitely get a lot of vegetables from your plants.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

You may be watering and taking care of your plants in every way that they need. There may also be certain types of insects which are eating and harming them. Some may do this from underground, eating roots and such. Some may be so small - and eating such small bits - that you need a microscope in order to see them on the leaves.

working