jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What are some ways to make money from gardening?

1. Stephanie Henkel profile image95
    Stephanie Henkelposted 6 years ago

What are some ways to make money from gardening?

Do you have tips on how to have a produce stand or on selling products you make from your produce?

2. joyfuldesigns profile image58
    joyfuldesignsposted 6 years ago

You could sell cut flowers on a small roadside stand.  Or try to sell organic vegetables by same means, or small local grocery store.

3. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 6 years ago

Grow plants that divide quickly and easily like irises, lilly of the nile, canna, etc.

Divide and sell them in 2 gallon containers in sets or singly ( I do better selling a few different types as "landscape specials") Use plants that are used frequently in landscaping.

My hub here explains more: How To Make Money From Gardening on Craigslist

4. kevins blog52 profile image76
    kevins blog52posted 6 years ago

Here In Indiana We have a farmers market, wear on cretin days everyone goes to tractor supply parking lot and liens up with there stands,some tables and some right of the tail gate of there truck,with produce and flowers, and some do have caned jars of jelly, honey, and preserves.  If you don't have a farmers market you might talk to your town board and some other gardeners and see if you can start one, ours is always very busy.

5. inevitablesecrets profile image72
    inevitablesecretsposted 6 years ago

Depending on the size of your crop you could look into farmers markets in your area.  Another though is to write a lot about gardening and make money from your articles.

6. Nomascus concolor profile image60
    Nomascus concolorposted 6 years ago

First of all, auto supply saves you money as you do not buy any other vegetables. You will eat good quality organic food as well. An alternative to selling would be trading your products with your friends. Let's say you give them carrots and them give you some fresh eggs. This will maintain relationships with your friends as well...

7. networmed profile image60
    networmedposted 6 years ago

I have a suggestion... since you are on hubpages and I assumed you are familiar with making money online...

Why not create a detailed e-book about gardening. From basic information to the techniques you are using to successfully grow your garden.

Make your own website and sell your book there and start promoting it. And, I think you can also sell it in Amazon, I'm not sure the exact procedure about publishing in amazon.

That way... you have your income selling flowers and the same time you're selling your ebook.

8. Barbara Kay profile image89
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

You can also think about selling perennial plants. I met a man that sells daylilies and makes about $12000 a year from them. He just digs them out of the ground when the customers want to purchase them. He also sells them through the mail though too. You could try eBay and other sites.

9. freemarketingnow profile image56
    freemarketingnowposted 6 years ago

You can sell your produce at a Farmer's Market.

10. chrae profile image69
    chraeposted 6 years ago

I'm sure if you're growing your own plants you could maybe set up some kind of connection with a local nursery that would pay you for your produce and they would resale it off to the public. This would take out the hassle of selling to the public if it could be arranged.

working