jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

is the husband responsable for handling the finances or the wife

1. profile image48
    friskersposted 7 years ago

is the husband responsable for handling the finances or the wife

2. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

Each couple needs to make that determination on their own.
    There are some couples where the man takes care of it.
    There are some where the woman does,
    and there are still others where they handle the finances together.
    It is a personal choice the husband and wife need to talk about and make together.  There is no right or wrong here, just what is right for your personal relationship.

3. sabrinaaq profile image61
    sabrinaaqposted 7 years ago

i think finances are something that both members of a marriage should do together, it shouldnt be labeled as male or female work

4. profile image0
    sherrilynn123posted 7 years ago

Nowdays..it takes both..And it should be a shared effort..

5. Choke Frantic profile image82
    Choke Franticposted 7 years ago

In my last relationship it became apparent to me that my partner was horrible at handing money and I realised I needed to step in before we ended up bankrupt and homeless. So it just depends on the situation, but as a general answer equality's always a good way to go.

6. juiwei2000 profile image61
    juiwei2000posted 7 years ago

Who ever have a better idea about it (that is if you trust your partner with your money of course, otherwise handle your own money.)

7. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I think it should be whoever is better at it. Financial planning and management seems to work a lot better if one person is the "leader" in it and the other agrees to adhere to the plan that's made -- at least, that's what's always worked in my personal experience. In my own relationships, I've always been the financial person...but then, I occasionally get paid to help other people get their finances in order too, so my ex and my husband just trusted that I know it better.

8. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Who ever is best at budgeting is the one to handle the finances.

9. milesofjazz profile image59
    milesofjazzposted 7 years ago

For my wife and I, I primarily handle the finances just because I like doing it more than she does. She is good with money too, but I am a bit of a nerd. She is involved in it, definately, but not to the extent that I am. I do ask her for her opinion on a lot of matters, too. But really, it depends. Each person needs to be involved at some level but sometimes one person is just going to be better at it. I don't think it really is a husband's or wife's job necessarily.

working