jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who take better care of the finances in a fam? The husband or the wife?

1. MrsHernandez profile image61
    MrsHernandezposted 7 years ago

Who take better care of the finances in a fam? The husband or the wife?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4974750_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I think it depends on each individual.  Some are better suited to it than others.  My husband hates anything to do with finance and since I enjoy that, I have always taken care of all the bills etc.

3. zanin profile image73
    zaninposted 7 years ago

I think that really depends on the person. Some women are far better at balancing finances than their husband. They know what bills need paying first and which can wait. It is good in a relationship to have a couple that balance the relationship. That is, one knows how to budget and helps the other. If you are both spending like mad and no one is keeping check, then this can lead to problems. Balance- yes that's the key. We all have our issues with money, it's just about understanding them as a couple and working together.

4. McGilwriter profile image70
    McGilwriterposted 7 years ago

It should be done together.  Whoever is more organized can create the budget and track the finances, but both the husband and wife needs to review things together.  Rules can be set, like if anything out of the budget is purchased, they have to okay it with each other.

5. capncrunch profile image75
    capncrunchposted 7 years ago

That is hopefully decided before marriage.  Traditonally, husbands went out and provided for the family and the wife more often handled finances because as zanin says, she knew more about it being home more often.

But in modern times even children are working in families.  This should not be decided purely by the sex of an individual and if saving money is the goal of the family then it should be a joint venture.

6. kevin.howell profile image59
    kevin.howellposted 7 years ago

Simply put, the one who spends the least money

7. scauthor1969 profile image80
    scauthor1969posted 6 years ago

I think both people need to be involved. It is much easier to make bad financial decisions if the financial picture is unclear to one member of the family.

working