jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it fair to call someone a good man because they give their last dollar for so

1. barbergirl28 profile image78
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

Is it fair to call someone a good man because they give their last dollar for someone else yet...

refuse to pay their own bills to support their family?

2. caltex profile image60
    caltexposted 7 years ago

It is really hard to see someone as a good person when they fail to support their family.  Granted it is a good deed to help others, it becomes hypocritical if he does not help his own family.

3. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

well i guess his priorities are a little off.

4. Ruchira profile image77
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

I think charity begins from home so, if he refuses to support his family and instead gives up his money for some one else outside, it will not be commendable.

5. Quilligrapher profile image86
    Quilligrapherposted 7 years ago

I believe my responsibiliy to my family has priority over charity to others.

6. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 years ago

No. To quote the Bible, "He who will not take care of his own family is worse than an unbeliever."
    We have an obligation to feed and support our own immediate family's needs FIRST. After that, charity is allowed. We don't have to lend money to family to buy a car, take a trip, start a business. We do have to make sure kids, parents and our spouses are fed, sheltered and have medical care.

working