jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is a realistic goal for profit on hub pages?

1. David Warren profile image82
    David Warrenposted 6 years ago

What is a realistic goal for profit on hub pages?

I understand that quality hubs, time, and using the assets such as the learning center are important. Just curious if you could tell me what a realistic number would be for generating some miniscule profit here. I am brand new and enjoy hub pages but question if my only having earned one cent in several weeks being new, is the norm.

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

It's possible to earn much more than that, but a bit of study in HOW to do so might be required.  There are many Hubs and forum posts on this general topic--most of them well worth the time needed for at least a quick looksee.

I make much less than some do with far fewer Hubs than I've written (over 700), but I understand why:  The VOICE provided by this platform (HubPages) is more important to me than the INCOME, and my work reflects that.

That said, the residual effect is very much worthwhile.  I wrote something like 69 Hubs in early 2008 and then more or less forgot about them.  Some months later, a check from Google suddenly showed up in the mail...and got my attention.

3. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

Hello David, I have been in and out of Hubpages for a couple of years now. It has never really returned what one might call a profit.
    It might take several tens of hours to come up with, research and write a hub.
    So if by profit you mean earn enough to live, I would say it will take time abd talent to be successful that way. For me I love the sharing of ideas, knowledge and practicing my writing skills. For me therefore the profit is the fun I get out of it. I will probably never reach the level of writing for a living, so any cash earned here is a bonus and too unreliable to consider making a real profit in traditional accounting terms.

Having said that, if you seek those profits, it is a case of study and hard work and commitment over the long term. A lot like a regular job really with no finite payoff dates.Everyone will have different timings from their own experiences..

All the best.

4. mondejar2009 profile image58
    mondejar2009posted 6 years ago

For a newbie I think that's normal until you discover some tricks of how to earn in a specified way, but posting hubs are fun if you share your thoughts honestly.