jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Do you live from paycheck to paycheck.

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

Do you live from paycheck to paycheck.

Can any of you related to this.... ?

2. saxrunner profile image84
    saxrunnerposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have very little buffer in terms of saved money; and personally I wouldn't want it any other way at the moment.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i did for years but i don't any longer. i can relate to it without a doubt.

4. atomflame profile image59
    atomflameposted 6 years ago

From time to time, yes. There are times when you just spend too much, too fast. I have a good saying for that actually. "At the end of the money, I usually have some month left over."

5. your cybersister profile image60
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

For the most part I do, fortunately my husband doesn't so much and is willing to share smile  There was a time though, when we did have things much tougher and making ends meet was more of a challenge.  I don't see how young couples (or individuals) get started out without help today - it is a rough economy no matter what they call it.  And divorced people who are working to help support two households, or those on a fixed (low) income, I truly feel for them.

6. mommyneal6 profile image77
    mommyneal6posted 6 years ago

Yes! My family of 6 budgets like crazy too but no matter what we r in the same boat. I recently started to try couponing to help save money and I'm hoping it works. Funny enough I wrote a hub about my struggle about living pay check to pay check. I hope this economy gets better soon bc I know I can't take much more.

7. truthfornow profile image83
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

Yes, I live paycheck to paycheck.  It is hard and scary.

8. susiebrown48 profile image75
    susiebrown48posted 6 years ago

We do live pay check to paycheck even though we do respectfully well.  It seems everytime our income increases, we manage to increase our expenses as well.

9. Kaniel Loughran profile image58
    Kaniel Loughranposted 6 years ago

I'm a freelance writer... Yes I do live paycheck to paycheck and it is exhausting and nerve-racking. Looking forward to a contract position at some point.

10. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Yes, I can relate...........there was a time, when I said, " wow, I have 5 dollars.........should I buy diapers, milk or a weeks worth of gas"  ( yes, there was a time, when $5 worth of gas was a lot)

Through the years, I learned how to budget and manage my money.  Though, I am not "rich".........I always seem to have enough for the bills and a little "hidden away" for the emergencies and good deals.

While, I do know, first hand, about the hard and difficult choices, this is a point in my life, where I can be somewhat more relaxed.

Still, I know, that tomorrow, my good fortune may change, I choose to shop carefully, plan ahead, and waste nothing.

11. profile image49
    partycletimeposted 6 years ago

right now I am but hopefully as soon as possible I hope to get out of this routine

12. Guanta profile image73
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

No, I have always hated not having some money saved up.  Living paycheck to paycheck creates too much anxiety for me, I rather do without and save five dollars just to have.

13. LittlePayday profile image59
    LittlePaydayposted 6 years ago

The reality is a lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck nowadays. Between gas, the rising cost of living, unexpected financial expenses, and everything else it can be hard to keep on top of everything.