jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does your happiness depend on where you live?

1. JosieLee profile image76
    JosieLeeposted 6 years ago

Does your happiness depend on where you live?

2. carcro profile image92
    carcroposted 6 years ago

Happiness can depend on just about anything, its really up to the individual. I love Southern California, but I can be just as happy in numerous places. Even if I'm in the place I love most, it doesn't mean I will be happy. If I make a conscious effort every day to desire happiness, that is my biggest driving force to actually achieve happiness no matter what curve balls are thrown my way.

3. bruzzbuzz profile image60
    bruzzbuzzposted 6 years ago

I suppose happiness makes you like where you live instead of where you live making you happy.

4. catchpennyfashion profile image58
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

Actually it might. Seasons can affect some peoples moods, it's called Seasonal Affective Disorder. Most occur because when winter arrives the diminished light disrupts biological rythms and affect the hormone production. People who suffer from this get depressed during this time because melatonin is produced in excess due to the lack of sunlight. So if you live someplace that hardly get sunlight it can be a major factor in your happiness. This can aslo happen in reverse where people are affected by too much sunlight during the summer.

I also believe that you make your own happiness but if you don't like where you live it is hard to be 100% happy. Surroundings affect peoples' moods. This doesn't mean that just because you live in the place you love the most you'll be happy, after all there are many factors that affect happiness. However the more you like the place you live and your surroundings it will contribute to your happiness.