jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to sell off an engagement ring from a past relationship?

1. I Am Rosa profile image91
    I Am Rosaposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to sell off an engagement ring from a past relationship?

I'm trying to sell an old engagement ring that was appraised at over $800 on ebay and various sale sites, but can't find a buyer.  Selling it for the gold gets me $45 and no one wants the diamond.  What options do I have?  Any tips on how to sell this thing for a reasonable price?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6194712_f260.jpg

2. Jessi10 profile image76
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

Amazon. I had to do that for a friend of mine last year. Her ring was appraised at 100 dollars online, but had no bites. We posted it on amazon at the price that we wanted, PLUS ended up trading the box for another object that the seller also wanted to get rid of. It worked out great!

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think I would take it to a reputable jeweler and have it appraised, get the appraisal in writing then be patient on Ebay - sell it slightly under that it is worth.  Or take the written appraisal and ring to a pawn shop.  Today's economy makes it so hard to get your money out of these things.

4. donnaisabella profile image80
    donnaisabellaposted 6 years ago

I did not know that people do not have use for a diamond in a gold ring like this one! I am sure you will find someone that will be willing to pay the price it is worth.

5. Mariaam Bhatti profile image61
    Mariaam Bhattiposted 5 years ago

I have heard of a site where people can sell their no longer wanted gifts from previous relationships and people usually write stories about them and people who buy them,buy them because of  story attached to them.I wish I could remember the site but I just heard it on radio one day ,try googling something like that online.Best of luck !

working