jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

You win a million in the lottery what would you do?

1. Wise Words profile image38
    Wise Wordsposted 6 years ago

You win a million in the lottery what would you do?

2. jenniferrpovey profile image91
    jenniferrpoveyposted 6 years ago

Buy a house to live in, outright. This would drop my housing costs to the minimum and then I'd be rich without having to up my income.

3. Moms-Secret profile image84
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

Tithe first.  Pay off my home, my mother's home, and her debt.  Then combine simple living with high interest accounts to live off the rest.

4. CR Rookwood profile image83
    CR Rookwoodposted 6 years ago

I would pay off my home and my children's homes.  I would also set up college savings accounts for my grandchildren and purchase three years worth of health insurance so my spouse and I could retire early together.

5. fadetheglitter profile image60
    fadetheglitterposted 6 years ago

Pay off my home, give a bunch to my Dad, and eliminate debt.  Then put the rest into an account and keep working!

6. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

If I won a million dollars in the lottery I would carefully review my options as today that really is not a lot of money. It is of course more than I have and I wouldn't turn it down but really it isn't a lot.
    So I would make a list and priortize what I could do with it.
    The first thing I would do is take care of my financial needs which may sound self centered of me...but that way no one else would have to 'help me out' if I could not manage.
    Then I would help my daughter and her family out as needed. The remainder of the money I would invest so my grandchildren would have money for their futures.

7. Helena Ricketts profile image97
    Helena Rickettsposted 6 years ago

Pay off our house, give each one of the kids $20,000.00 and put the rest in the bank.  We'd eventually spend it but not all willy nilly.

working