jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My question to you is, how much money is enough?

1. Ellana317 profile image77
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

My question to you is, how much money is enough?

How much would you have to make a year or have in your bank account to be at peace financially?  OR... do you think you'll always want more, no matter what goal you reach?

2. Angela Kane profile image78
    Angela Kaneposted 5 years ago

I would say about $100,000 a year would keep me financially sound. It would allow me to live comfortable and still get any luxury items I need without going into debt.

3. monicamelendez profile image71
    monicamelendezposted 5 years ago

I've found that the amount I make doesn't change how at peace I am financially. One year I made over $200,000 and honestly, I had even more to worry about.

I used to live in Brazil and most of my friends down there made under $500 per month. They all faced the same problems that Americans face making $2,000+ per month - we almost all spend all of our money no matter how much we make.

If you make $2,000 per month, you are richer than 90% of people on earth. In most cases, it probably doesn't seem like it because you know people who make $4,000 or $10,000.

No matter how much you make, people make less and more and some of them live within their means and find peace, others do not.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

WhenI was young I think I would have had a hard time putting a cap on what I wanted or how much I thought I needed.  Now that I am older, I want good medical insurance and a way to insure a roof over my head.  I'm not sure what dollar figure that would be though.

5. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

I think if we have enough to fill our needs but not so much as to take away all our wants then we will have enough.

working