jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

What is the least amount of money you've ever worked for?

1. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

What is the least amount of money you've ever worked for?

One summer I worked at a retreat camp mowing huge fields twice a week and clearing high weeds and small trees. Plus, I was a camp counselor for the youth who attended during that time. The owner wasn't able to pay much: only $100 a week. After 40 rigorous hours that computes to $2.50 per hour!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7156608_f260.jpg

2. theframjak profile image90
    theframjakposted 5 years ago

My first job was working at a grocery store for $4.10 an hour back in 1987.  Seemed like a lot of money at the time!

3. Nurse Kay profile image61
    Nurse Kayposted 5 years ago

I've got ya beat. I worked in a small dollar store my senior year of high school through a school program and was paid $2.25/hr. I still think the owner of the store was a penny pincher. Minimum wage was $4.25 at the time (1993.)

ithabiseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Dang, Nurse Kay! Okay, you got me beat tongue but you had it easy!

4. profile image0
    Kommadantposted 5 years ago

I've taken some online surveys that pay about $0.50 for a twenty minute survey.  That equates to about 1.50 an hour.  I don't really know if that counts or not though.

5. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

In high school (early 70's) I worked as an usher at a movie theater.  I was paid $0.90/hr.  But, I got to see free movies at my theater (while working) and I got passes to see the movies at the other theaters (and drive-ins, remember them?) in town.  All I had to pay for was the popcorn!

6. tulika4321 profile image60
    tulika4321posted 5 years ago

I live in India so the least I've ever worked for was Rs.10(which is very less money) when I was about 6. I got it for being able to pick up the heavy laundry basket and put it in the laundry room without stumbling. I still burst out laughing when I think about it. It's that funny! big_smile

7. Spence Bailey profile image60
    Spence Baileyposted 5 years ago

I used to have to walk my grandmas' dogs religiously for hours and I would only get a dollar in return. It's nothing official, but it still sorta counts. I walked those dogs more for the love of my grandma and the dogs. I mean, what was I going to do with a dollar?

She's become less stingy with her money in her old age because I get about $20 just for mowing her yard which only takes 2 hours.

8. Goody5 profile image74
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I worked in an automobile garage for nothing to learn how to work on cars, and it has lasted me all through life. (You can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or you can teach him to fish and feed him for life.)

No fair! You got paid the most wink

9. lorddraven2000 profile image90
    lorddraven2000posted 5 years ago

I once did a wrestling charity show for 20 bucks. It was great. I put in 20 minutes in a 4 way match and basicly took gas money out and gave the rest to the charity.

Hmm. Tell us more about the wrestling charity show!

10. Misskanval profile image59
    Misskanvalposted 5 years ago

i worked for $150(PKR 14,000) as teacher in lahore(pakistan) in 2004.. it was my first job and lowest paid...

now i am teaching in girls college and make around $500 per month.

11. techniche profile image64
    technicheposted 5 years ago

I have worked for 31$ till now ,, was just a link selling ,,, smile

12. samnashy profile image80
    samnashyposted 5 years ago

That's easy.!  Hubpages....   I've put hours and hours of work and research into my hubs.  So far a grand total of $2.29.  I can't even start to work it out per hr.

13. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I once worked for 60 cents an hour as a waitress in a family restaurant.  That was 55 years ago...and I didn't last long on that job.

I also have worked for free as a volunteer in a big state park in South Dakota.  It was one of the best summers I ever had.

working