jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you suddenly became rich what three task would you stop doing?

1. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

If you suddenly became rich what three task would you stop doing?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Doing my own laundry, cleaning the house, and washing the car. They are extremely time consuming when I could be doing something else.

3. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

I was going to answer with only one task (chore) and that is working to make a living.

Everything else I do is good for health, humility, compassion and generosity.

But then I realized that so is working to make a living. I thought I'd instead spend my time writing, painting and creating software. But these would only be valuable if other people found them to be valuable, so I'd end up making money off of them, if they were worthwhile actions. So, then I realized that I need not do something that wasn't worthwhile. So, if I want to write, paint and create software, I need to do a better job of it so that those actions are not selfish.

4. sweetzara profile image80
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

I'd stop my day job and just work for fun and fulfillment and create art. I'd stop worrying about money. And I'd stop worrying about what sells.

5. Sharkye11 profile image95
    Sharkye11posted 5 years ago

3 things I would stop doing:  Worrying, pumping my own gas, and anything involving landscaping.

Everything else I pretty much enjoy doing. But if I thought it would help someone in need, I would pay them to do things like clean my house, and pay them a lot more than they would make somewhere else. Because someone did that for me once, and I think it would be excellent to repay that favor.

6. Ramsa1 profile image62
    Ramsa1posted 5 years ago

1. all work around the house.
    2. all work related to my vehicles - gasing up, taking them in for service, washing, etc.
    3. grocery shopping.