jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Are you planning to go out shopping on black Friday?

1. TheHoleStory profile image80
    TheHoleStoryposted 4 years ago

Are you planning to go out shopping on black Friday?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Nope. I worked in retail on a couple of Black Fridays years ago and that was more than enough for me.

3. JessBraz profile image94
    JessBrazposted 4 years ago

I live in Ontario and a lot of Canadian retailers are hopping on the "Black Friday" band wagon.. I also live right on the U.S Border and have contemplated checking out the deals in the States before- but then I saw the lineups on the bridge coming back into Canada and thought twice about it...Not worth the headache for me.

I DO however order Christmas ornaments from Disney.com every Black Friday. I collect Disney tree ornaments and give them out as gifts.. They're always on sale every year.. Like $2.50 a piece... I think we have about 40 of them now. smile

4. VestedTomb profile image80
    VestedTombposted 4 years ago

Always. It has become a yearly event for me personally. I usually go in and try to be nice to the retailers working their shifts though I may not purchase anything. But a smile and a 'Thank You' can do wonders for morale on a day when many shoppers are quite rude to the store's employees.

5. lupine profile image75
    lupineposted 4 years ago

No, I won't be shopping on that day. Have better things to do.

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

No way!!! I'd rather pay full price for things rather than be pushed and shoved in the crowds. I know probably most of the people who go out on that day are nice and polite, but it's still the ones who drive like idiots and who will fight for the last of whatever it is on the shelves that keep me in my house - not just on Friday, but the entire weekend. I'm just glad I don't have anyone I shop for who expects me to get the "newest and greatest" whatever for a particular year. I can usually get my shopping done during the after the holiday sales or other times during the year.

7. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 4 years ago

No.  I have rarely shop on black Friday.  I don't like crowds.  I may run out to grocery store or drug store....but never the mall or large chain stores.  And, I will not go on Thursday.  Really think retailers are taking things way too far.  If enough people don't go, they may get the message and allow their employees to enjoy the day with family and friends.

8. Efficient Admin profile image91
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

No.  This year I plan to get my nails done as a treat to myself and then do a 90-minute hike at the local nature preserve.  I have been to the mall during Black Friday events in the past but I never find any deals that are more special than the ones I get throughout the year, so it's not worth the hassle of finding a parking space and dealing with all the crowds.

9. alancaster149 profile image84
    alancaster149posted 4 years ago

Got precious little choice, and when I do go I have to put up with idiots and their trolleys you wouldn't give a driving license, plus o.a.p.'s who should delegate the task to somebody younger.
    Considering what I put up with, every Friday is black Friday. I don't think dropping bombs on them would change much, either, they'd still get in the way trying to get out! Even splitting my shop between Thursday and Friday hasn't improved things much, but it's an idea I could take further.
    If your shopping is worth £50 or more most of the supermarket chains here deliver for free. Is than an answer?

10. Seafarer Mama profile image86
    Seafarer Mamaposted 4 years ago

Nope. Nor do I plan to participate in any online "black friday." I am more interested in keeping my own accounts "in the black" instead of some corporate chain's. ~:0)