jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever been a mystery shopper?

1. TheKatsMeow profile image90
    TheKatsMeowposted 4 years ago

Have you ever been a mystery shopper?

If so, what was your experience like? I have always been intrigued with mystery shopping but some of these companies (even the well known and reputable ones) seem sketchy. is it just me?

2. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

I was a mystery shopper a while back, here in the UK. It was a good experience, luckily it was with a trustworthy agency. There are a few hubbers who've been mystery shoppers. As with anything else, you need to be careful, I'd advise never paying a fee to join an agency. You won't get rich mystery shopping, but you can gain insights into the psychology of shopping, and marketing techniques.

1. TheKatsMeow profile image90
      TheKatsMeowposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the comments! I applied to a trustworthy company and they want to know personal stuff like my weight and eye color... to me it seems odd. I appreciate your comments smile

2. innerspin profile image92
      innerspinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Does seem a little intrusive, maybe it's to avoid friends going on your behalf. CCTV can catch you in store to prove you were there.

3. clairewait profile image88
    clairewaitposted 4 years ago

I am also a mystery shopper. I toggle between a couple companies, though one right now seems to have the most available opportunities in my area. (It helps to live in a big city, which I do not right now.) All of the companies with whom I have a profile asked for height/weight/hair color, etc. I think SOME are checking up to make sure you show up, but generally, I think they want to know they have a normal and unassuming person. I'm not sure a 400lb or 8 foot tall person could easily become a mystery shopper (but that's just an opinion). Anyway, I agree, don't pay any up front fees. Fees typically = scam.

A reputable company I'm working with now has openings all the time and in my experience, accepted application within 24 hours: https://ace.shopmetrics.com/document.as … db14283cae

4. plussizepixie profile image67
    plussizepixieposted 4 years ago

I currently work as a mystery shopper in the UK. Generally if you check they are members of the MSPA they are a reputable company. I run a facebook page on mystery shopping and only post details of companies I work with and have checked out. It's here if you are interested;

http://www.facebook.com/mysteryshoppersuk

working