jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

December payment?

1. Bishop55 profile image93
    Bishop55posted 4 years ago

December payment?

hate to be materialistic here, but I know I hit payout for the 28th of this month.  Anyone get a deposit yet?  Is there a delay because of the holiday?

2. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 4 years ago

I wasn't due a payment for December (my last one was in Nov.) but the payments essentially run 1 month behind.  To get a payout you have to have $50 or more in your account by the end of the month.  The payment is then made by the 28th of the following month.  If you had $50 or more in your account by Nov. 30th, you should have received the payout on Dec. 28.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
      DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

$50??  for the HP ad program?  I thought it was $30.  I've always gotten paid at around $30--usually slightly over, as it doesn't come out 'even' ...  did they change it?  If so, When?  Did not see any notice to that effect.

2. Bishop55 profile image93
      Bishop55posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have reached what you've said, and I have not been paid.  I think I'll contact HP directly.  Thank you both for your help.

3. Chuck profile image91
    Chuckposted 4 years ago

I received my payment on time.  But this was for my earnings as of the end of November.  HubPages, like Google, makes a payment at the end of the current month for unpaid earnings through the end of the previous month.

HubPages probably needs time to be paid itself from advertisers whose ads were clicked on during the past month.  It also takes time to reconcile and process payments to thousands of Hubbers.

Most employers pay employees a week or more after the time they actually worked, so a person receiving a paycheck on a Friday is probably being paid for work done through the previous Friday or earlier.

HubPages does make payment in the current month to Hubbers whose accumulated earnings at the end of the previous month was $50 or more.  If a Hubber's accumulated earnings is less tan $50 (even a few cents less) the balance is rolled into and combined with the earnings for the next month.  If the combined balance is $50 or more the Hubber receives the combined balance in the following month.  If the combined balance is still less than $50, it is rolled into the following month and added to that month's earnings.

I have participated in the HubPages Ad program since it started and every time my balance has been $50 or more that balance has been deposited to my PayPal account at the end of the next month. 

So, don't worry if your balance is currently $50 or more you will be receiving payment at the end of next month.

4. somethgblue profile image87
    somethgblueposted 4 years ago

No delay for me, as it came right on time, however as the other commenter said it has to get over $50.00 dollars!

5. blueheron profile image96
    blueheronposted 4 years ago

My payment was received by my Paypal account on December 28th. I am pretty sure I was required to create a Paypal account to recevie payment. I instructed Paypal to deposit the payment in my bank account, but it's not there yet. Have you checked your Paypal account? Maybe it went there.

6. Nell Rose profile image93
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

Yes we got paid on time. If this is your first payout then it will be at the end of next month, sorry about that! lol! Its well worth the wait though.

7. Bishop55 profile image93
    Bishop55posted 4 years ago

Thanks everyone.  I was wrong.  I did not hit payout for December!  sad  booooooooo.  I've only been paid 2x so far, still getting used to the set up.  Was a bit sad, but oh-well.  Keep hubbing right?

working