How to answer I-129F form (US Fiancée/ Fiance Visa)
K1 visa process
- 1. How to file a US Fiancée/ Fiancé Visa
- 2. How to answer I-129F form (US Fiancee/ Fiancé Visa)
- 3. What happens after filing I-129F
- 4. Pre-approval and interview tips (for the Filipino beneficiary)
- 5. Pre Flight Tips to US (K1 Visa holders)
- 6. What to do next after arriving in the US with a K1 visa
- 7. Philippines to US: Adjustments, suprises and culture shock
- 8. How to answer I-485 form (AOS)8. How to answer AOS, EAD and AP forms
I-129F Form Page 1 of 3
Pop Culture and anything under the sun
Guide US K1 Fiancée/ Fiancé Visa: Step 1.A/4
Incorrect answers or incomplete application will result to RFE (Request for evidence, which will add to the delay. Average wait time is 4-6mos) or denial so carefully read and fill out every form. Read through it over and over before you send it.
Part A. FOR PETITIONER
1. Remember it says "Family name in CAPS" so write " SMITH, John Paul"
2. Complete Address
3. Place of Birth
4. Date of Birth (mm/dd/yy)
5. Gender (same sex marriage is not allowed)
6. Marital Status (It's a fiancé/fiancee visa, both of you should be free to marry so answer should be single, widowed or divorce not married.)
7. Other names used (alias, married names, maiden names)
8a. US Social Security number (just put it there)
8b. A# That stands for Alien number. That's for people who used to be a foreigner and now are able to petition another foreigner. If you never had it, ignore.
9. Names of prior spouses and the date of marriage (s) ended. If you need additional sheet of paper just add one. If none then say "none"
10. My citizenship was acquired through...... Birth in the US or Naturalization. Just choose one. If it's from your parents answer the question if you obtained the citizenship in your name with yes/no. If you said yes, provide the certificate number.
11. Answer if you petitioned an alien fiancee/fiancé/wife/husband before. If yes, provide the Alien number (A#). If the answer is "no" just write n/a on the box.
PART B. BENEFICIARY
- Remember it says "Family name in CAPS" so write " DOE, Mary Jane"
- Complete Address including the country
- a- Place of Birth 3b. Country of citizenship
- Date of birth
- Gender (same sex marriage is not allowed)
- Marital status (It's a fiancé/fiancee visa so answer should be single, widowed or divorce not married.)
- Other names used (aliases, married, maiden names)
- a. US Social Security number (if he/ she has one just put it there)
9. A# That stands for Alien number. If she/he never had it, ignore.
10. Names of prior spouses and the date of marriage (s) ended. If none then say "none"
11. Just say yes or no if the fiance/fiancée has been in the US.
12. complete the question if the fiance/fiancée is currently in the US. If the answer in Q.11 is no, just write n/a leave the other boxes blank.
13. List all children of your fiancé/fiancee (if any)
14. Address where you two intends to live.
15. Your fiancée/fiances address abroad. Same answer as the Q2 of part B.
16. Just write your fiancé/fiancees name and address other than Roman letters. Meaning Arabic, Hebrew, Thai etc. Write N/A if just using Roman Letters.
17. Say yes or no if your fiance/fiancée is related to you. Cousins,say what degree.
18. You must say "yes" on this question and it should be true that you have seen each other in person within 2 year period before you filed this petition. If your answer is no, that's an automatic denial.
19. Just answer if you have met your fiancé/fiance through international marriage broker. If the answer is "yes" write the name and address.
20. Write the closest US embassy where your fiance/fiancée is located. If she's living somewhere else abroad other than her country of origin and wishes to process the visa in the closest US embassy where she currently lives, that is also possible. Just write the address of that embassy on this field.
PART C: PETITIONER Just answer the questions completely and honestly.
PART D: PETITIONER Just answer the questions completely and honestly. Lying and concealing information is a serious offense. Sign the paper, write the date and phone number
PART E: SIGNATURE OF PERSON PREPARING THE FORM, IF OTHER THAN ABOVE
This field is for the attorneys, matchmaker, marriage broker etc. If the petitioner is the one who completed the form, this part should have "n/a" on one of the boxes.