ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel
  • »
  • Gender and Relationships»
  • Marriage

How to file for a US Fiancée/ Fiancé Visa

Updated on May 20, 2015

I-129F Form


Guide US K1 Fiancée/ Fiancé Visa: Step 1

Do you need a lawyer or visa service for this? The answer is NO provided that you're patient to understand everything that involves in the process and your case isn't too complicated. Hiring a lawyer won't expedite your application either. It will be the same thing for everyone unless you applied for an expedited processing.

K1 visa is NOT a relationship trial visa. You must have an intention to marry your partner. Once the beneficiary has arrived in the US, you must marry within 90 days. Not marrying and not filing an AOS (Adjustment of Status) beyond 90 days is considered an illegal stay.

Petitioner must be a US Citizen and must be able to demonstrate a bonafide relationship through phone calls, mails, etc, both of you must be free to marry, must be able to meet 125% above poverty level requirement, must have met your fiancé/fiancee first face to face within 2 years of filing.


  1. I-129F Cover Letter (A short letter that also serves as the checklist and table of contents of your application. This will make things easier for the adjucator to go through all your papers). Download the forms at
  2. I-129F Form (3 pages and original)) For the instructions, click here.
  3. $340 check or money order payable to US Department of Homeland Security (please do not abbreviate any other words except for "US")
  4. G325A form
  5. (1) Passport photo (Write the name at the back and to be attached in a small plastic bag of G325A form. Use a paper clip)
  6. Divorce decree (if applicable, all pages)
  7. Petitioners Letter of Intent (a composition, make it short and simple)
  8. Birth Certificate or your US Passport's bio page
  9. Proof of having met in the past 2 years - ex. airline ticket, itinerary, passport stamps, extension of stay certificate, bank statements indicating the card activity in your fiancé/fiancee's country and pictures (at least 8 taken from different places with different clothing and different people in it. Write the date and a caption at the back). NOTE: You don't have to mail all your correspondence. They're just asking for evidence that shows that the two of you are together at the same place and at the same time.
  10. G 1145 form (Text and email notification form. Optional but helpful.)


  1. G 325A Form (original)
  2. (1) passport photo (to be attached in a small plastic bag of G325A form. Write the name at the back. Use a paper clip)
  3. Letter of Intent (a composition, make it short and simple)

NOTE: All forms that requires signature should be original.

Edition Date :

06/22/12; (11/23/10; 06/14/10; 02/19/10 editions also accepted)
Where to File :

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Please also read TIPS FOR FILING


    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No comments yet.