- Gender and Relationships»
How to answer AOS, EAD and AP form
K1 visa process
- 1. How to file for a US Fiancée/ Fiancé Visa
- 2. How to answer I-129F form (US Fiancée/ Fiancé Visa)
- 3. What happens after filing I-129F
- 4. Pre-approval and interview tips (for the Filipino beneficiary)
- 5. Pre Flight Tips to US
- 6.What to do next after arriving in the US with a K1 visa
- 7. Philippines to US: Adjustments, suprises and culture shock
- 8. How to answer AOS, EAD and AP forms
Pop culture and anything under the sun
(For K1 visa holders)
Before you submit the form, run through it several times over to make sure that everything is entered correctly.
- The applicant should be the K1 visa holder. She can now use her married name on this form.
- Enter the name address, birthday, nationality, country of birth
- Current USCIS Status: K-1 Fiancée Visa
- SSN number (if any. If you do not have SSN yet, it's ok. It wont affect your application.
- A#- that's Alien number. Check the annotation part of your visa. The number starts with "A"
- 1-94 number: Check your 1-94 card.
- Expiration. Check again the 1-94 card, it will expire in 90 days. Write that date.
PART 2: Application type: Select letter C " I entered as K1 fiancé(e) of a US Citizen....." then jump to part 3.
PART 3: Processing Information
- Write the City town and place of birth, job (say none. remember k 1 visa holder is not allowed to work), write parent's name,
- Give the name exactly as it appears in your I-94 : use your maiden name.
- Place of last entry to the US: enter the city and state of your POE (Point of entry). POE is the first airport that you landed on that is part of the US territory regardless if it's just a stopover or not.
- In what status did you last enter: K-1 visa
- Were you inspected by the US immigration Officer: Yes (should be)
- Non Immigrant visa number: It's Alphanumeric combination printed in red in your visa. Starts with a letter and has 7 digits.
- Consulate where the visa was issued: Place where you processed your visa. (Ex: US embassy in Manila)
- Write date the date and visa issued, your gender
- Marital status: Married!. Get used to say that now. lol
- Answer if you ever applied for a permanent residency the past.
B. List your present spouse and all your children.
C. List down all organization, association, foundation, party or club you are in since you're 16 y/o. Write "none" if you don't have any. Answer the 1-18 HAVE YOU EVER questions with "yes" or "no"
PART 4: Accommodations for Individuals with disability. If you do not have any disability just tick "no" on the left side, leave a-c blank
Part 5: Signature: Check " I can read and understand English.....".Print your name, the date you completed the form and the phone number.
Write N/A on the "Interpreters statements signature" field if you are the one who's preparing this paper. This part is for people who doesn't understand English and used an interpreters aid.
Signature of person preparing the form if other than above. This is for people who used a lawyer and the likes. Write N/A if you, the applicant is the one preparing the form.
Answering I-765 Form Employment Authorization (EAD)
Fee= FREE if filed together with AOS
- Other names used (use your maiden name)
- place of birth
- date of birth
- marital status (married)
- SSN (if any. If you do not have SSN yet, it's ok. It wont affect yourapplication.)
- alien number OR 194 card number.
- have you ever applied for a work authorization?
- which UCSIS office and write the results
- place of the last entry- enter your poe
- Manner of entry (k1)
- Current USCIS status (k1)
- Code- Write (C) (9)This is the code used if you are filing the EAD/AP with your AOS form.
- Write "na''- You are applying for an EAD through your marriage. That's only applicable for people who being sponsored by a company to work here in the US.
- sign it
- Signature of person preparing the form if other than above. This is for people who used a lawyer and the likes. Write N/A if you, the applicant is the one preparing the form.
Answering I-131 Form (Advanced Parole aka A.P. or Travel permit)
Fee= FREE if filed together with AOS
- alien number
- date of birth
- class admission
- country of birth
- country of citizenship
- SSN if any
PART 2. click "I am applying for an advanced parole document to allow me to return to the US after a temporary foreign travel"
Write N/A on the name box
PART 3 Processing information.
- Date of intended departure. If unsure. You can just say indifinite or for emergency
- Expected length of trip. Should be less than 6 months
- Are you or any person included in this application,now in exclusion, deportation, removal or rescission proceedings
- Have you ever been issued a reentry permit?
- where do you want this document travel sent? Choose To the US address shown in part 1. Then jump to Part 4 unless you have a different situation
PART 4. INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PROPOSED TRAVEL
- Purpose of travel; Say for emergency or leisure.
- List the country you intended to visit
PART 5. Since becoming a US citizen or during the past five years, how much time you've spent outside the US. Less than 6 months
PART 6. Unless you're a refugee, write "n/a" on the first box then jump to part 7
PART 7. COMPLETE ONLY IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ADVANCED PAROLE.
How many trips do you intend to use?
Skip question 2&3. Jump to part 8
PART 8. sign it
PART 9. Signature of person preparing the form if other than above. This is for people who used a lawyer and the likes. Write N/A if you, the applicant is the one preparing the form.