1. Economic Fascism – Like the National Socialists, Democrats want to maintain the façade of private ownership while putting control in the hands of the state. Whether a business prospered or failed in the Third Reich depended on political pull – how close industrialists were to the Nazi leadership. Similarly, the Obama administration has come more and more to resemble the “crony capitalism” it denounced in 2008. Companies whose executives made lavish contributions to the Obama campaign ended up with contracts worth hundreds of millions for products that couldn’t possibly be manufactured with private financing. Solyndra is the most glaring example. The private/government partnership typical of fascism is taken a step further. In January 2011, Obama appointed General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt head of his jobs council. Need you ask which candidate GE’s executives will invest in next year to keep their jobs?
2. Cult of personality – Hitler, Stalin and Mao were its most prominent practitioners. Obama is no slouch. It started at the 2008 Democratic nominating convention in Denver. Mere mortals accept their party’s nomination at the convention site. Not Barack Obama, whose campaign packed 80,000 delirious followers into the Denver Bronco’s stadium to hear Glorious Leader-in-waiting deliver his coronation speech amidst fake Greek pillars. (It was all reminiscent of the elaborately-staged events in Nuremberg, where the masses worshipped another man-God). At Obama’s $150-million inauguration, celebrity cretins like Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore and Cameron Diaz, pledged to their leader to “be the change” (his change). In a recent “60 Minutes” interview, the man whose hubris is in perpetual overdrive obliquely declared himself the 4th best president in American history. Why only 4th? Can the divine image on stamps, coins and statues be far off?
3. Penchant for thuggery – The Nazis used their S.A. street fighters to intimidate opponents. In 1972, during the McGovern campaign, the national Democratic Party was taken over by the New Left, whose hallmark was violent confrontations with the police during the ‘60s anti-war movement. (Obama has never disavowed ex-Weatherman Bill Ayers, who still boasts of blowing things up in the 1960s.) In answer to Tea Party activism and Republican victories in 2010, Democrats have become increasingly unhinged. In February, Massachusetts Congressman Mike Capuano told a gang of labor goons in Boston, “Every once and awhile, you need to get out in the streets and get a little bloody when necessary.” (The goons proceeded to rough-up counter-protestors.) On Labor Day, Obama appeared at a rally with AFL-CIO Capo Richard Trumka, who had earlier told Illinois UMW members to get out and “kick the sh-t out of every last” worker who crossed picket lines. Lately, we had the Occupy Wall Street Movement (the Obama Jugend) battling cops who came to evict the squatters. Totalitarians of all stripes believe adherence to their vision justifies violence.
4. They’ve come for your guns –The National Socialists inherited a firearms registration law from the Weimar Republic and preceded to make it progressively harsher. In 1938, gun ownership was limited to Nazi party members. Earlier, the Weimar registration lists were used to confiscate guns from “undesirables.” The German socialists feared guns in the hands of their opponents. Starting with the U.S. Gun Control Act of 1968, every major piece of anti-Second Amendment legislation has been passed by Democrats. Fast and Furious, through which the ATF ran guns to Mexican drug cartels, was intended to discredit firearms dealers. Democrats call their gun-grabbing mania crime-prevention. Can they really be that stupid? The states with the least restrictive gun laws have the lowest crime rates. In a recent speech to the NRA, Newt Gingrich unmasked Obama’s stealth strategy – rather than push anti-gun legislation, he appoints anti-gun judges and signs anti-firearms treaties. The result is the same.
5. Undermine traditional religion while seeking to exploit it – But didn’t Hitler say he was a Christian. So does Obama. The religion mongered in the temple of Jeremiah Wright (anti-America, anti-Israel) bears the same relationship to normative Christianity that Obama-nomics does to the free market. Hitler idolized philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche and composer Richard Wagner – both militant atheists. In public, Hitler would try to use Christianity. Privately, he was contemptuous of the faith as a conspiracy of the Jews to foist their morality on happy pagans. In 1942, his deputy, Martin Bormann, flatly stated, “National Socialist and Christian concepts are incompatible.” The Democrats never miss a chance to undermine traditional religion, especially by placing Church-State fetishists on the bench. Until it was exposed by a Republican Congressman and hastily rescinded, Obama’s New PC Army tried to ban gifts of Bibles to wounded warriors at Walter Reed Army Hospital. The National Christmas Tree on the Capitol grounds has a number of ornaments with references to Obama, but nothing about Christmas or the Nativity or a crèche at the base. The Capitol police threatened to arrest Rev. Patrick Mahoney if he carried out plans to read the Christmas story or sing carols at the lighting ceremony. Totalitarians don’t like competition for the people’s loyalty. One god at a time, please.
6. Anti-progress – The Democratic Party is the Sierra Club in office. It opposes coal-mining, domestic oil production and nuclear power. If they could, Democrats would happily ban the internal-combustion engine. In 1935, the Third Reich passed a precursor of today’s environmental legislation (the Reich Nature Protection Law), which required “environmental effect reports” (environmental impact statements?) for any construction that might alter the landscape. Nazi biologist Ernst Lehmann explained: “We recognize that separating humanity from nature, from the whole of life, leads to humankind’s own destruction and the death of nations. Only through the re-integration of humanity into the whole of nature can our people be made stronger.” Sound familiar? Had it been published in Berlin in 1935, “Earth In Balance” would have become an instant classic.
7. Intellectual apologists – The left has dominated our college campuses since the 1960s. As early as 1931, the Nazis enjoyed far more support in German universities than with the general public – among both professors and students (the later through the National Socialist German Students). Philosophers, poets and scientists lined up to pledge allegiance to the Thousand Year Reich. Hitler railed at intellectuals. The Hitler Youth barbecued books. But if there’s one thing intellectuals like even more than their pet theories it’s the power to force them on the public, which is why every totalitarian regime has its intellectual running dogs. In 2012, watch for prominent economists (like Nobel laureate Paul Krugman), writers and scientists (especially the global warming crowd) to line up behind the man who celebrates himself as the smartest president since Thomas Jefferson.
8. Anti-Jewish – Hitler’s anti-Semitism is too well known to require elaboration. Less well known is that, like the liberal left, he was appreciative of Islam and viewed Muslims as allies. Haj Amin al-Husseini – Grand Mufti of Jerusalem and uncle to Yasser Arafat – spent World War II in Berlin and recruited a Muslim SS division in the Balkans. The degeneration of the Democratic Party from Harry S. Truman, who made the Jewish state possible, to Barack Hussein Obama (who would make the Jewish state impossible to maintain) is unprecedented. Obama’s open contempt for Israel caused a heavily Jewish congressional district in New York to elect a Republican for the first time in 70 years in 2011. The Democratic think tank Center for American Progress compares Israel’s fight for survival to segregation in the pre-Civil Rights era. Obama’s ambassador to Belgium is reported to have remarked that a “distinction should be made between traditional anti-Semitism, which should be condemned and Muslim hatred for Jews (which should be tolerated?), which stems from the ongoing conflict between Israel and the Palestinians” – thus excusing the ongoing Kristallnacht in Europe, courtesy of the religion of peace. Should this be surprising from the president who sat in a pew of the Trinity United Church for 19 years and listened to Wright rant about “state terrorism against the Palestinians”? Obama’s “The Audacity of Hope” was inspired by one of the Wright Reverend’s sermons. In turn, Jeremiah gave an award to Louis, who called Judaism a “gutter religion.”
9. Practice the big lie – The Nazis were infamous for their propaganda techniques – which were actually pioneered by the Bolsheviks. Goebbels advised: “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe.” Although the competition is fierce, probably the Democrats’ most outrageous lie is that they are for the middle class and all of the problems of Main Street can be laid at the door of Republicans and Wall Street. Democratic solicitude for Middle America is manifested by: giving us chronic 9% unemployment, an anti-progress tax system, crippling domestic energy production (leading to pain at the pump, among other effects), growing the national debt to shrink the economy (Obama increased the debt almost 30% in less than 3 years), leaving our borders unguarded so that blue-collar workers have to compete with hordes of illegal aliens, and a government-created crisis in the mortgage-housing market, putting homeownership out of reach for young families for decades. Democrats’ declaration of solidarity with the middle class is as sincere as Hitler’s assurances throughout the 1930s that he wanted peace – up until the moment he invaded Poland. While assuring us they have our interests at heart, Democrats invade our bank accounts and pension plans.
10. Come to power democratically, retain power dictatorially – Hitler came to power through the democratic process, then proceeded to eliminate his opponents, by banning competing parties, dissolving trade unions and, eventually, sending the leadership of both to concentration camps. Like the Nazis, Democrats believe their opponents are evil. They’ve done their best to demonize the Tea Parties and talk radio. Periodically, they threaten to revive the Fairness Doctrine and apply it rigorously to the only media they don’t control. Oklahoma Senator James Inhofe says that in 2007, he overheard a conversation between Hillary Clinton and Barbara Boxer in which they agreed that something had to be done about talk radio and “there’s got to be a legislative fix for this.” Democrats also seek to stifle dissent through hate-crimes laws and campaign spending limits. Would they go so far as to imprison opponents of the regime? The president has done a complete about-face on indefinite detention of suspected terrorists, which he swears would never, ever be used against U.S. citizens. In 2009, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said future terrorists would likely come from the ranks of Second Amendment activists, anti-tax protestors, proponents of border security and disgruntled Iraq war veterans. Connect the dots.
Comparisons are always imperfect and at some point break down. Hitler had a Charlie Chaplin moustache . Obama does not.
I think the liberals may be better described as mommy fascists rather than Nazis but your analysis does reveal many embarrasing similarities! The dirty little secret is that fascism has always been a movement of the left.
There's nothing wrong with copying and pasting other people's work and reposting it to make an argument.
However, it is plagiarism to do so without quoting your source.
You didn't need an apostrophe on the title
So you post something from the Far Right to prove what point?
No point at all, just doing what so many others do.
Copying the first thing from the Google search "Democrats are like Nazis" it would seem... I don't care about what you said, but the baltant misrepresentation of liberalism is quiet annoying, if not downright terrifying. I mean, how were these conclusions reached? Just thinking about it displays more complex interactions than the list present. Like all those intellectuals who signed up to avoid persecution. Or te fact that they had eniromental protection laws (they also had engines, so engines=evil?) then talk about anti-Semtism on the same breathe as the hordes of immigrants? Yeah, my Korean friends here illegally would love to debate you on that, I've had more than one person cry. I hope to God you put this as a joke, that you're just trolling.
Also, Hitler had a handlebar and was forced to shave it.
This is the most absurd thing I have read in a long time. Although coming from you it does not surprise me. And I don't even have a very high opinion on Democrats, but seriously?
You think we should all pretend the Emperor has clothes? This post is clearly pretty devoid of good sense, accuracy and a sense of proportion.
But you will continue to post because????
Probably because it annoys you. This post is troll-bait.
Don't troll lest you be trolled yourself.
I think you used to be my neighbor... LOL do you live on Pitcairn in Windermere?
But now I'm interested, did you live in Pflugerville or do you live in Pville??
Pflugerville. Our house in Windermere was brand new when we move in. No now I live in Alabama.
Didn't want to type Pflugerville again, so shortened it to Pville.
Oh! LOL I thought it had gotten so large, it had a suburb. Was their a few months ago and was amazed! how much Pville and Round Rock have grown.
May the trolls be with you
You don't know the power of the troll side of the force
Ok who can add to this list.
The power of Troll compels you.
You're the reason for the troll-'drops on my troll-'tar.
You can give a man a troll, or you can teach a man to troll.
If you give a troll a cookie.
Why? I don't want you being interested in me. That's gross. And creepy.
You don't think God is interesting?
Does your pastor know this?
Definition of "Nazi Tourettes"
"A condition in which one makes compulsive and often illegitimate comparisons between political figures or practices of Nazi Germany and current politics."
I love the doublespeak that fascism is a movement of the left Fascists take the worst of every ideaology...
Take responsibility for your own beliefs. I admit some on the left have been evil and dictators. But just as many on the right have also been. Are you telling me Franco was a leftist? Mussolini?
Fascism is the inevitable consequence of statism, that the left and right both support.
Mussolini was one of the leading Marxists in Europe, Vladimir Lenin admired Mussolini as did many leftists in America before fascism fell out of favor with the left. Mussolini never really changed his socialist beliefs but he was a pragmatist and felt nationism to be a stronger unifier than the unity of workers in an international movement (communism).
Stalin labeled fellow Communists, Fascists if they failed to tow the party line. He did this to fellow Communist Leon Trotski before having him assassinated. Leftists of all strips, soon saw the advantage of labeling thier political opponents as Fascists to marginalize them and many on the left have done it ever since. Serious Scholars haven't even agree what fascism is and because of this it becomes a convenient term to smear one's opponents.
Allow me to offer the source link from Don Feder written almost a year ago...
And, your very first point is not also being done by the republican party?
In our state, our republican Governor has passed a law that will allow his "People" to take over any failing city government it likes, and replace it's board members with un-elected officials. They took over one city for the sole purpose of a real estate developer getting his hands on a public park, which he has now been approved to build condos on. Even though the residents and the elected officials of that town want that park to be kept as a public park. That and there are cities in the state in far worse shape than the city mentioned. Why not have his "people" take over the city of Detroit?
This kind of underhanded dealings has also allowed certain retailers to build stores on land, that local citizens and officials have been trying to block for years. No problem, just kick out the city government, put in your puppets, and bring in the bulldozers. We are going to do what we want weather you like or not, and if you don't we will simply replace you with someone who will. That sounds more Natzi to me.
Not to mention Mr Bush. Who brought us into war with Iraq under a pack of lies, and then companies associated with the Bush and Cheney families thought they had every god given right to pretty much take Iraq's oil for themselves. And, the Haliburton company got most of the rebuilding money, yet can't seem to figure out what happened to billions of tax payer dollars.
A war based on a lie, which Obama said he would end, and he did. Going for the more peaceful route. And, we now have another Republican beating the war drums on Iran. UGH.
There may be a Natzi thing going on in our GOV. But, who is better at it is up in the air. The one that wants to set our civil rights back to the 1950's has my vote. For big friggin' Natzi. that is.
by Charles James5 years ago
I am not an American, but what goes on in the USA is important to the world.Lincoln was a Republican and freed the slaves. One would expect black Americans to generally vote Republican. But they don't.How did this come...
by My Esoteric5 months ago
The Ds lost their fourth special election. Some say those are Big Wins for Rs and Disaster for Ds. Other optimistic souls say each was a Win for Ds because they were close. While I tend to agree with...
by ledefensetech7 years ago
The Nazi philosophy can be broken down into five major principles. Interestingly enough Communism/socialism shares many of the same principles. Which makes sense if you fascism and communism as two halves of...
by Origin7 years ago
I thought about this years back, because it seems like a lot of people vote for whatever their political party is voting for, even though they may not entirely agree with it. What's your thoughts? Do you think if...
by ahorseback14 months ago
Sounds kind of racist to me , It just reminds me though that racism plays a huge part FROM the positions minorities too . 90 percent of Black voters voted for Obama , proving racism...
by Credence25 years ago
I am taken back to the site 'unskewed polls' where the conservatives were saying that the mainstream polling system was unfairly skewed in favor of Mr. Obama. So, I bet I could not find them now anywhere among all the...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.