America Is On The Decline - Not!

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)
  1. GA Anderson profile image88
    GA Andersonposted 9 years ago

I just had to share this here - for all the political cynics that think America is doomed by its evil ways.

The video is of "single moms," (actors), that can't pay for their groceries.
    **Just click on the image - or - the link below it.
    ps. stick around until you see the reaction when a jerk, (another actor) is introduced into the scenario)
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12228390.jpg

http://www.metaspoon.com/groceries-no-m … ranger/?fb )

Now, back to our problems with weasel politicians...

pss. I sure folks the world over do this, but it sure feels good to see the heart of America is still beating.

GA

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

That was an interesting video, GA, it might have done well before the recession. Did you notice the adviso indicating that either cigarettes or alcohol could not be purchased by those born after that current date in 1984. Was the video done in 2005 or 2002?

Just an annoying little observation, that spirit of generosity given when one comes up short gives one pause to believe that doomsday may be postponed for a while.

GA Andersonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That sounded wrong so I checked Metaspoon.com (about halfway down page) and the story is dated Feb 5 2015

GA

2. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have never questioned the goodness that is still in this country. When I was young with a family and worked jobs with no future there were times people helped me. The grass roots people are the basis of this country. We supply the labor that drives the farm equipment, stock the shelves and give to our charities. The problem is that these people are being robbed of their means to help themselves and a few at the top are getting richer making it happen.

Oh my... Even on a "feel good" thread you find a negative.

I think there is a pill for that, (I know there is a word for it) .

GA

1. rhamson profile image72
          rhamsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Reality is not for the faint hearted.

3. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Bottom Line = Hugs are important

I agree America (Spiritual essence of any accepted entity - immaterial philosophically) is not in decline. However, our country (Physical nature - material being philosophically) appears to be. Contrast of subjective and objective. The numbers with the budget obviously point that out IMHO.No blame being cast by this person. At question may be how much of a bite has been taken, of what, and what is left to go around.

To further illustrate in 2012 there were 3,914 bills introduced to Congress. Sixty-one passed. The ratio is 64:1. That means basically No occurs 64 times of 65 requests. Those needs 'No' was said to remain. They simply do not go away.

Hugs

"To further illustrate in 2012 there were 3,914 bills introduced to Congress. Sixty-one passed. The ratio is 64:1. That means basically No occurs 64 times of 65 requests. Those needs 'No' was said to remain. They simply do not go away. "

I get the point... but your illustration won't bear investigation. If you saw what many of those 3914 bills were, you would be thankful "No" was the predominate answer.

GA

1. tsmog profile image84
          tsmogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Probably so I am sure. I can only place faith and trust in the system with the position I have in this life we live. Our system in America with its positives and negatives as I have witnessed has served well and I believe will continue to do so.

I echo the sentiment of both the video and opening post's title. I do not feel America is in decline with respect to my first statement. However, it has some rather large obstacles before it. Again, I must place faith and trust in the system. Personally I cannot fathom the issues our governmental representatives and employees meet up with much less confront. That is when I am very appreciative of least I had both the privilege and the right to vote.

Well said. The freedoms you are thankful for are ones that too many take for granted.

GA

4. Quilligrapher profile image73
      Quilligrapherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8977826.jpg
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

2. teamrn profile image61
    teamrnposted 9 years ago

I watched the video hat  and in that position myself, so I can say firsthand that the supposition is true. It convinced me of something that I already knew. The American people DEFINITELY have not succumbed to the trappings of power and prestige. They are generous, kind and generally selfless.

It is the politicians and special interest groups who, though their actions. cause strife that divides us, The differences between two political parties used to spawn interesting disagreement and debate.

Now, those differences, those splits, represent people who are told that they are polar opposites and SHOULD NEVER speak to their counterparts of another ideology.   Annie

3. innersmiff profile image66
    innersmiffposted 9 years ago

You guys are all right. The best of you should get out whilst you still can.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)