One less useless government regulation ?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (47 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Trans gender Bathrooms in schools - -Ever so slowly the reversal of government  involvement in societal  problems ,  issues and solutions falls into play    , the love of  nanny -state regulatory P.C.  issues and the attention gained by such leftist activism - goes the way of most social fads ! 

How quickly this issue disappears from the radar screen of activism ? 

When will the left figure out the irrefutable fact that governments cure very little of our ills ?

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Are they reversing this trangender bathroom demand? Thank goodness. The wants of the one should not outweigh the wants of the many. None of the argument includes needs. We need to go to the bathroom. That's it. Where we want to go is not something the government should weigh in on.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Where we want to go is not something the government should weigh in on."

Are you sure?  Would that not make all bathrooms coed?

1. Aime F profile image70
          Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hooray, here's hoping.

I've now been to multiple public places recently where the bathrooms have been renovated to single stalls which either sex could use.  No more drama, no more waiting for the women's washroom while the men's is empty.  I hope this is the way forward.

Hey!  That's MY bathroom you're are wanting to take over!  Just because you gals can't get your business done in a reasonable time frame isn't a reason to make ME wait! big_smile

I think it'll just hit equilibrium.  wink  I have yet to see anyone waiting in line at one of the shared bathroom setups!

I'm also a VERY fast pee-er so it's not me that can't get their business done in a reasonable time frame thank you very much.

lol

2. profile image0
            promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have to stand with the conservatives on this one. I wouldn't want men sharing the same restroom as my daughters when they were young.

And when someone close to you is sexually assaulted, their safety gets first priority over the 0.3% of the population that is trans gender.

Do you think everyone would feel safer when these "women" walked into the ladies room? smile

(Excuse the dumb link title)
              https://www.buzzfeed.com/meredithtalusa … .wsK39YroV

1. PhoenixV profile image64
                PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Theyd prolly never make it to the bathroom. All of them be outside unsuccessfully trying to parallel park.

You aren't allowed to judge until you've tried to parallel park with a vagina.

lol  You'd get along with my wife for sure!

2. PhoenixV profile image64

http://pop.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/05/640x400/54cb199e37d4c_-_wheel-grip-0813-de.jpg

Have yall considered trying it one of these ways?

2. Live to Learn profile image61

I don't know. I didn't realize the government had a regulation that there be separate bathrooms. I thought that was custom.

Well now, I don't know of any laws on the matter.  But I'd bet long odds that most places in the country will arrest  a man for entering and using the women's restroom, doubly so if there is a young girl using it.  And let that girl catch a glimpse of genitals and he WILL be convicted and sentenced to a lifetime of registering as a sexual predator.

2. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe getting rid of government will solve our problems either. Do you?

3. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I support not regulating where people poop and letting them decide for themselves.

That is not what happened.  Apparently regulation are bad except when it involves genitals, then they are good.

2. crankalicious profile image88
    crankaliciousposted 7 years ago

Sexual identity issues are mostly not choices people make. They are difficult, genetic, unchangeable circumstances that people have. We should have more sympathy for the challenge and try to accommodate them reasonably. There shouldn't be drama surrounding this issue.

The drama comes in when our children are involved. I don't think many of us would be dramatic about finding ourselves, as adults, in a unisex bathroom. I wouldn't want my 7 year old grand daughter to have to share a bathroom with a 7 year old boy whose parent's have decided he is gender confused so must be allowed to share with the girls.

But why?

I have a 5 year old daughter, if she went to school in September and a transgender girl went to the bathroom with her and she noticed any difference whatsoever (which I'm not convinced she would) I'd say "great, thanks for teaching my daughter to be accepting and open-minded at such a young age!" 

Maybe if a transgender girl was allowed to pee in the same room as her and she was used to it, it wouldn't be such a weird subject for the next generation. 

And for the record usually parents don't just decide such a thing, many see psychologists to discover the scope of things.  I have no problem with transgender kids but if my daughter started insisting that she was a boy I wouldn't want to indulge unless I had confirmation from a professional that it was actually a part of who she was and not a phase that I was reading too much into.  It's hard being a transgender kid (and adult) and I wouldn't want to push that adversity on my child - I doubt anyone would.

I don't know. If this 'transgendered' kid pulled out his penis and told her it didn't make a difference, he was still a girl I'd be upset.

I honestly don't think kids that young are any more gender confused than 90% of the rest of them. They simply have parents who choose to make an issue out of it. I was a tomboy as a child. I suppose, my parents could have decided that meant I was really a guy without the accoutrements  and put up a stink. But, back then, I think reason would have won the day and I'd be sharing the bathrooms with those with the same body parts I had.

As to the psychologist comment. They aren't really doctors. It's all a matter of what they believe. Sorry.

You are HUGELY oversimplifying the issue.  It has nothing to do with being a "tomboy" or having a slight affinity for more girly/boyish things.  It goes way, way beyond that.  We're talking about kids who are very distressed when they're treated as their assigned gender, kids who are constantly asking their parents when they get to be a boy/girl, when they can have surgery to get rid of their genitals, etc.  It's not only distressing for the kids but for the parents, to hear their children talk that way.  Again, this is why most take their kids to a professional to seek a diagnosis.  It's not a fun situation for parents that they choose to run with. 

As for a transgender girl whipping out a penis and explaining it away, that would be pretty weird.  I would be very surprised if a transgender kid openly talked about their genitals at all, seeing as they don't feel it belongs on their body.  I'm not sure a very hypothetical situation where a small kid puts their genitals on show is worth worrying about.  A boy could easily do the same thing in the hallway.

2. wilderness profile image94

It seems to me that a 5 or even 7 or 8 year old isn't the problem.  It is the pre- or early teen, going through puberty, that will be most upset.  At least they seem to have the most problem in communal locker rooms of their own sex, let alone bi-sexual ones.  The little 4 or 5 year old couldn't care less which room (s)he is in, who else is there or what they're wearing (if anything).

I agree, though I've said on here before and I still fully feel that being forced to change/shower in front of anyone, regardless of gender, is a problem especially at that age.

That does seem to be a part of the problem - a men's bathroom with a row of urinals devoid of partitions is not the same as a women's room.  Something that women seldom consider (not unexpected as few women have visited many men's bathrooms).  It is more like a shower room in that regard than any women's bathroom ever is.

Yep, I'm not convinced that's the best system and feel bad for men who have some anxiety around that.

Well, it is a major part of not waiting 30 minutes in line, and there ARE always toilets and partitions for those that desire them.  Without those urinals we males would be relegated to the same long lines that women are.

2. PhoenixV profile image64

A row of urinals sounds like a high class place even.  Ive seen a trough and even a ditch.

Am I to believe there are no stalls in any men's bathroom? How do you handle the other things which demand a trip to the potty?

Yea they have a couple of commodes in some places with partitions. But most of the time youd probably rather wait till later.

I think Phoenix exaggerates a bit; I've never been in a public men's room that did not have some toilets with partitions.  Even the smallest has at least one, although it may not have partitions if the room is so small as to hold only one person.

While troughs are fairly rare in the US, it seems like I found quite a few in a recent trip to Scotland and England.

The further south ya go, ya get more troughs until ya wind up with a ditch if you go 2 bottles of mezcal south of there. Now up north they got highfalutin porcelain lavatories, with a round bar of hand soap in em.

3. profile image0
          jonnycomelatelyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have only just now entered this discussion, but find your input very sensible, logical and caring, Aime.

3. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 7 years ago

"As to the psychologist comment. They aren't really doctors. It's all a matter of what they believe. Sorry."

Okay, I'm confused.  You think a licensed psychologist who specializes in childhood development is no more qualified than you or anyone else to assess the situation?

No. What I am saying is that there are different schools of thought and their beliefs lead them in the direction they go. I am pretty sure if I wanted a child psychologist to agree with me that my kid was transgender I could shop around and find one. If I wanted a psychologist to agree with me that my kid was just going through a phase I could shop around and get that diagnosis also.

I am still not at all understanding why you think any parent wants their kid to be transgendered.  I would 100% accept my daughter and support her if she was but I would never want that for her, and I imagine that the vast majority of parents would say the same.

I would 100% accept any member of my family and support them. I'd accept anyone and support them. I wouldn't rush out and demand changes in bathrooms if my kid was transgender. But, I don't think a child of mine would demand it. Courtesy and consideration of others is high on our list of priorities. I simply find it selfish for anyone to demand accommodation. There are other people involved besides their child. Lots and lots and lots of other people.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image80
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

"Ever so slowly the reversal of government involvement in societal problems ,"  Great.  Let's do the same with abortion. You live your life and let everybody else live theirs.

Should we do away with CPS (Child Protective Services), too?

2. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13420797_f1024.jpg

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13420798.jpg

You can do anything you want AND you can do it at your own expense .

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

If a person feels like a women, lives like a women, dresses like a woman, and pisses like a woman, the government should not force her to use a men's restroom.  Repealing this law is in fact creating that unnecessary rule.  If people could just piss in the place that makes most sense given their wishes and their appearance, there would never have been a problem. But apparently the conservatives are all for individual rights and responsibilities until it has something to do with genitals.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your problem is the over complication  of  private urination ,   lets see if we can improve on where those on the  left would  direct all use of a bathrooms -

- Show up at restroom hallway
      - Acquire and fill out sexual orientation form
      - Form into proper line for waiting
      - Wait
      - When turn arrives find that you filled out form incorrectly
      - return to get new form
      - Wait 
      - Fill out new form
      - Get in BACK of line
      - Give up and look for dumpster

2. Live to Learn profile image61

I could care less if a man dresses like a woman and pees in the ladies room. As long as he acts like a lady. We wouldn't be having this discussion if parents hadn't demanded kids be accommodated in the schools. Parents have the right to say no. The government overstepped on that one.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)