Send in the Goons

1. ptosis profile image77
    ptosisposted 8 weeks ago

Is this a good thing or a bad thing, because Trumps displeasure seems to benefit Alaska not harm it.

"Trump has big plans to help Big Oil in Alaska — including Arctic offshore drilling, the Salmon-destroying Pebble Mine, and of course, opening up the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge for more energy exploration.

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke called both of Alaska’s Republican senators that Murkowski's  nay vote was displeasing to the Don and retaliation will ensue.

Sen. Dan Sullivan said Zinke made it clear that this was retaliation for fellow Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski opposing crucial health care votes this week.

“I’m not going to go into the details, but I fear that the strong economic growth, pro-energy, pro-mining, pro-jobs and personnel from Alaska who are part of those policies are going to stop,” Sen. Dan Sullivan said Zinke made it clear that this was retaliation for fellow Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski opposing crucial health care votes this week.

“Running a department of the federal government means you serve the American people as a protector of their rights and freedoms,” Grijalva said in a statement. “It doesn’t mean you serve the president as a bag man for his political vendettas.”

Ryan Zinke is revealing himself as Trump’s hitman," said Jennifer Rokala, executive director of the Center for Western Priorities, a Denver-based public lands and energy watchdog group. "He’s now threatening to hold public lands and energy policy hostage over a health care bill. This is the U.S. government, not the Corleone family."

Trump is threatening to protect the environment out of vengeance. 

1. Credence2 profile image87
      Credence2posted 8 weeks ago in reply to this

"Trump is threatening to protect the environment out of vengeance"

Ironic, isn't it? Under these circumstances, I would welcome his form of retribution in so many other areas.

2. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 8 weeks ago in reply to this

It is worth reading up on what it costs to manage abandoned mines. The cost of cleaning up the 100,000 abandoned mines on national public lands across the American West could reach $21 billion.

So a little Trump inaction on the public land grab front could save American taxpayers a lot of money.

http://westernpriorities.org/2015/12/02 … ng-burden/

working