jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do people prefer to watch Tv instead of reading a good book or growing thems

1. ParadigmShift... profile image76
    ParadigmShift...posted 8 years ago

Why do people prefer to watch Tv instead of reading a good book or growing themselves personally?

2. anglnwu profile image91
    anglnwuposted 8 years ago

This is written in response to a fellow hubber on the above
    question in Latest Hub Requests .

How many people like
    to read?  Or take a class at a community
    college? Or commute back and forth to a campus to take classes for... read more

3. Tom Rubenoff profile image93
    Tom Rubenoffposted 8 years ago

Comparison and contrast between two popular sources of information and entertainment. read more

4. Enigmatic Me profile image76
    Enigmatic Meposted 8 years ago

In response to a fellow hubber regarding tv versus personal development :

In some people's minds the realities are that we live busy lives that are demanding on so many levels. My philosophy is a little different. Growing personally takes... read more

5. MexG profile image60
    MexGposted 8 years ago

It depends on the individual and the information presented. It's not whether they prefer to watch television or read a book.It's whether they can gather and understand the information presented. Simply put, whichever source of information is good enough for the viewer/reader to understand is the best thing they would do.

6. ladyjane1 profile image81
    ladyjane1posted 8 years ago

This is a good question and one that I don't understand myself. I am a voracious reader and cannot get enough of books so to choose television instead of reading is unfathomable to me. There is some good television out there but not much these days. Mostly it is just full of nonsense. I admit sometimes I like to see what is on the tube but my first choice is to curl up with a good book.

7. SheZoe profile image61
    SheZoeposted 6 years ago

to me there is nothing that does not have the potential to grow me personally. In television/movies etc. are the same elements that are present in books or anything else. What i see on t.v. or in a movie can cause inner reflection just as surely as reading a book. i think we put too many limits on what can have a poignant effect on us by being prejudiced against certain mediums.

8. Enigmatic Me profile image76
    Enigmatic Meposted 6 years ago

Growing themselves personally takes time and means that they have to think about themselves objectively. This is a practice in futility for some.

TV is easiest thing in the world to do... no thinking involved.

working