jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is the homeless situation a problem that is getting worse, staying about the sam

1. humagaia profile image55
    humagaiaposted 7 years ago

Is the homeless situation a problem that is getting worse, staying about the same or improving?

Interested in how the current position we are all in has affected the quantity of homeless and the quality of homelessness support.

2. K Partin profile image58
    K Partinposted 7 years ago

Hi humagala, thanks for the comment and request. I can tell you that the situation is probably worse now than it's ever been. With the economy the way it is and foreclosures at an all time high it stands to reason that it's not getting any better.

It is a very sad situation especially with more families on the streets.

But now I am about to over the next several days, weeks or months do some hubs on people who are trying to make a difference.I will be asking fellow hubbers to contact me with anyone they know who has truly made a difference in as far as volunteering, or lending a helping hand to others in need. I will be writing about these people to give them the recognition they deserve. So look for them soon.

Once again thanks for the request, hope this helps.

K aka Kerry

3. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

It will get worse because most people are dolts and keep electing politicians and patronizing businesses that screw them over.

Those looking for the government to solve the problem have, in their ignorance, fallen prey to the Hegelian dialectic.

For details, see
    http://hubpages.com/hub/america-what-we … the-answer

4. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

I can't say because it could be that there is more media coverage of it or that it is just escalating.  I can say that this was a very big issue back in the 1970's as well and it was then also considered that it was escalating.

Closed to reply

working