jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you feel when people don't say "Thank you"?

1. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

How do you feel when people don't say "Thank you"?

Example: A man opens a door for a lady and she walks past without even acknowledging him. lol. Would it mean you would not help the next person that comes your way that day?

2. profile image44
    kaybestinposted 7 years ago

i feel worried but not that sad because the person will have reason for not appreciating what you did.

3. telltale profile image76
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

A well mannered lady would say "Thank You", irrespective... if she does not, I would not call that person a 'lady', I believe she is in the minority, and quite sure the next person will say "Thank You" - that's positive thinking... smile

4. frequentflyer profile image54
    frequentflyerposted 7 years ago

I feel a little frustrated, and a tad sad, because I am doing something nice and they don't have the decency to acknowledge it.

5. jite profile image37
    jiteposted 7 years ago

Good question Lady_E,I personally feel nothing when people don"t say Thank You.But If some one say Thank You or Shukriya,I feel very glad.

6. FGual profile image60
    FGualposted 7 years ago

If someone does not say thank you it makes me feel unappreciated by that particular person only, so my helping behavior would not be affected. It also makes me feel sorry and sad for that person who is unable to communicate appreciation when someone has helped them, for it means they have a problem and not I.

7. Ruchira profile image75
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

I would not like it when some one would not thank me but again, I would also try to talk it out with myself saying that Thank you is not the end of the world so, continue doing your part and you accumulate your points towards happiness smile

8. H P Roychoudhury profile image49
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 7 years ago

I get disturb for a moment but at the same time I could know the state of integrity of the person.

9. Cindy2011 profile image57
    Cindy2011posted 7 years ago

When words of thanks are missed, it leaves one feeling taken for granted. I'm an advocate of offering thanks to all for any support, as it encourages repeat involvement with you again.  If I help someone and they neglect to show their appreciation, I am hurt, it does side swipe me. I'll be cautious to offer help the next time, but I will assist and tell myself it was an oversight on their part. But if appreciation is not shown a second time, I'll find an opportunity to discuss it with them, even if it's to talk about the benefits of praise.