jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you feel abou the new immigration law in Arizona?

1. ar.colton profile image83
    ar.coltonposted 7 years ago

How do you feel abou the new immigration law in Arizona?

It states that police officers can demand ID papers from anyone they suspect of being illegal? To me, it's reminicent of South African apartheid.

2. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

You don't know what apartheid is.  For you it is just some buzzword that ignorant leftie-loonies throw around.

Hooray for Arizona.  Their law is pretty much the same as U.S. Federal law, which the corrupt administrations of the last forty or so years have not enforced.

BTW, it is much less stringent than Mexico's laws to keep out Guatemalans, etc.

The lefties want more stupid and ignorant voters.
    The corporations and business interests want more stupid and ignorant workers for monkey jobs.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Mmm, can a person actualy be illegal, what an interesting idea.
    How many people have you met that have actualy been subject to the apartheid regime of South Africa, I'm English, I've met loads, worked with loads, it has very little to do with asking someone for papers, and more to do with outright thugery, find out about things before you make absurd comparisons.

4. ar.colton profile image83
    ar.coltonposted 7 years ago

Ouch, I actually do know what apartheid is. I suppose I just worded this question poorly. Nor do care I about leftists or votes. I don't affiliate myself with any party, I don't even live in the US.
    When I first read about the new law it reminded me of how black people in South Africa had to carry papers around every where they went. I do know that that was one small aspect of the apartheid regime, it was just the part was called up for me.

The reason I asked this is because there are a lot of people in Arizona who look or are hispanic and have been living in the state for generations. It seems to me that this law is one more step down the slipperly slope of racial profiling. I'm sorry for the ambiguous way I worded it originally.

Though I must admit I was offended when you two started claiming to know exactly where I was coming from after reading three sentences I had written, I do understand why you said that. I don't have a problem with the US trying to keep illegal immigrants out of their country. My problem is when darker skinned people start being harrased just because they look like most of the illegal immigrants.

Closed to reply

working