jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Should other states follow Arizona's immigration law?

1. Flightkeeper profile image71
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Should other states follow Arizona's immigration law?

The illegals don't return home, they just go to another state and start over again and incur expenses at their new state.

2. nicomp profile image67
    nicompposted 7 years ago

California already has a very similar law, which they don't follow anyway. The Arizona and California laws are modeled after a federal law, which the feds don't enforce anyway. It's not as simple as the mainstream media makes it out to be.

3. Flightkeeper profile image71
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

These are only two, what about the other 48?  I think the states will enforce once the voters demand enforcement.

4. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Yes, and it is time for the states to boot the Feds out and return to the status they enjoyed before the traitor Abraham Lincoln established Federal supremacy by the military in the so-called "Civil War".

5. Sterling Carter profile image75
    Sterling Carterposted 7 years ago

Yes. not only is illegal immigration illegal, meaning it is against the law of this land. But it also hurts the law abiding people of this land and slaps the face of those who defend our land.

I am all for immigration, there is the right way and the wrong way to do it.

the Feds need to take a step back and remember who we are. They have no right encroaching on states rights. I fear that we are headed down an road that no one wants to travel.

Our Constitution says that state have the right to govern themselves. That was the original Constitution anyway. Any state that was in the Confederacy was forced to give up that right if they chose to rejoin the United Stated of America once again.

But I think Arizona is 100% correct in trying to maintain  themselves in what is quickly becoming an expensive quagmire.

6. Springboard profile image81
    Springboardposted 7 years ago

I think other states should absolutely adopt similar laws. Granted, the justice department and the Obama administration may well choose to take them to court as well as they have the Arizona law. But the court of public opinion will start to open the discussion, I think, when other states also adopt this very popular law, that something more MUST be done on the federal level to help states to protect their citizens and ensure that all laws are obeyed and enforced. It will become more apparent that the time and effort should be spent looking more seriously at immigration issues and reforms, and LAWS, rather than spending it on fighting states who feel like their hands are tied.

7. SheriSapp profile image60
    SheriSappposted 7 years ago

The states that are suffering because of the financial strain placed upon their states by illegals absolutely should do this. It is a sad day when MANY liberals, politicians and just citizens, do not GRASP the meaning of the word ILLEGAL!! However, as I live in WV and we have nearly no illegals here, my legislature should worry about issues that affect the citizens of my state.

8. Evan Hutchinson profile image76
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 7 years ago

White Europeans were the original illegal immigrants, were we not? Did we not illegally encroach upon land owned by the Native Americans?

9. profile image0
    Larry Croftposted 7 years ago

Evan Hutchinson asked: White Europeans were the original illegal immigrants, were we not? Did we not illegally encroach upon land owned by the Native Americans?

My response: We sure did encroach upon the Indian's land but I don't know if they had a law or laws that made our actions illegal.  Regardless, we whites seem to have ripped them off.

10. profile image47
    NoAmnestyposted 7 years ago

Yes. 22 other states are now considering similar legislation. The only thing that is holding them back is their fear of a lawsuit and the costs it brings with it. I think every state should pass the same legislation as the Arizona legislation. This would negate the argument that there is a hodgepodge of legislation - something different for each state. The feds would then have to come up with a different reason why it is such a bad idea and I doubt that they would sue all 50 states (although the ACLU probably would) but then again, who knows what the Obamanator is thinking other than about how to get those illegal aliens legal before the next presidential election to keep him afloat.

11. toneyahuja profile image61
    toneyahujaposted 7 years ago

I think no they should not follow all Arizona law. Because if sufferings are for two why suffer 48 others.
    http://www.mynzimmigration.co.uk

working