jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

HubMob Weekly Topic: Deaf Awareness Week

1. Princessa profile image84
    Princessaposted 7 years ago

HubMob Weekly Topic: Deaf Awareness Week

2. Putz Ballard profile image58
    Putz Ballardposted 7 years ago

I had the privilege of working alongside a co-worker who was hearing  impaired and whose spouse was also deaf. A tremendous man with a great personality. The last year we worked before we both retired, he was able to have a cochlear implant and is now able to hear. Just how much I don't know but a great improvement for sure. He is now in the process of getting a hearing dog which will be a great asset to he and his wife at night. Advancements such as the implants and now hearing dogs have enabled my friend and many others opportunities to now hear what many of us take for granted.

3. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 7 years ago

Dogs for the deaf need much more publicity. They must bring such joy as well as practical support. I have such great respect for the medical researchers work on deafness and blindness. truly changing lives for the better.

4. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Sign language is a vital part of anyone life if they are deaf. The use of sign language helps improve the life of the deaf and at the same time gives their family members a way to communicate quickly without the use of pads of paper or any writing at all... read more

5. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Some deaf people live alone and some enjoy living normal lives out in the world. The problem with a deaf person in todays world is the inability to hear alerts. Things like car horns, doorbells, fire alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, and many other sounds we take for granted every single day. This is where hearing dogs come in... read more

6. Sunny Robinson profile image70
    Sunny Robinsonposted 7 years ago

The cultural conflict that came with the introduction of cochlear implants for the hearing impaired was unforeseen.  To this day, there is still a debate but with a sense of resignation.  This is part one with my story.  Part two discusses the actual conflict that I discovered later. read more

7. CASE1WORKER profile image73
    CASE1WORKERposted 7 years ago

Otosclerosis is a degenerative hearing condition which is usually hereditry and can be eased by earing aids or even an operation read more

8. Sunny Robinson profile image70
    Sunny Robinsonposted 7 years ago

Hubmobbing is at its best when you join!  This
    is part two of a series on personal examination of cochlear implanted
    culture.  Previously, we visited what I went through to receive the
    cochlear implant.  What you’re about to read here is what... read more

9. SognoPiccolo profile image81
    SognoPiccoloposted 7 years ago

Not being a member of the deaf community puts me at a disadvantage for really understanding what is out there to help with communication. Being born in the age of technological advances, we are making leaps and bounds in the direction for making... read more

10. profile image0
    MarianGposted 7 years ago

I would like to explore the community as many deaf people do hold a standard of "community" and value this highly. I'd like to write a Hub about this.

11. febriedethan profile image78
    febriedethanposted 7 years ago

Hearing aid is an electronic device to help people with poor hearing or loss hearing. It amplifies sound from outside to compensate for poor hearing. Hearing aid is not restore the damaged hearing back to normal and not the only solution to overcome... read more

12. Chin chin profile image94
    Chin chinposted 7 years ago

There are many reasons why many recommend the use of baby and toddler sign language in the communication between parents and their children who are in the baby and toddler stage. This hub explains some of those reasons and gives basic tips on how to teach baby sign language. read more

working