jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

i am looking for relocation assistance because i was raped and the man lives fou

  1. profile image45
    maryan35posted 7 years ago

    i am looking for relocation assistance because i was raped and the man lives four houses down...

    and i fear for my life because he has not been arrested after I have given the police the address and have had a rape kit done at the hospital and given two statements, but the detective has treated me like i am lying and has never turned the papers into the da

  2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

    what a messed up situation. you should get ahold of your local politician and let them know. use the media if that doesn't work and get them to do a story on your plight.

  3. nighthag profile image82
    nighthagposted 7 years ago

    oh my heart breaks for you, having survived rape myself I can empathize with the fear you must be going through, My first bit of advice would be if you cant stay at a friends house then have a friend stay with you for a while, then get the services of a lawyer to press your case with the police, talk to a local church, charity or women's refuge, they may have crisis housing that you can use while you find your feet, I wish you the very very best with this...

  4. profile image45
    maryan35posted 7 years ago

    Thank you for both responses. I have called the da, and i have also gone in and written another statement because of the shock i was in at the time of questioning. The detective tried to get me to sign and drop charges, because it was just a big ordeal to fight, but I gave them back to her and they are still sitting on her desk, and no arrest has been made! How can a rapist walk the street. What are we coming to. I'm still trying to relocate soon I hope, because it is to traumatizing to drive down the road everyday and see that sick place. I am in counseling and have a psychiatrist.