I saw your response to a hub article from British Way. How is Riverside CA? I li

1. Credence2 profile image81
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

I saw your response to a hub article from British Way. How is Riverside CA? I lived there for 4

years in the late seventies. Are you familiar with University and Chicago Avenue? Does the city meet with your expectations?

2. barbergirl28 profile image78
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

I am actually not to familiar with the area. My husband grew up here and I am still learning my way around... although I do know University (which is about 5 minutes away from me) and Chicago. It is a task trying to figure out the area because Riverside is so much bigger than what I am used to, but I am finding my way around more and more every day.

Riverside is definately cool though. It has a lot of different things going on that I probably would have never been able to experience if it wasn't for being here. Just a couple of weekends ago I was able to go see a Silent Movie at the Mission Inn. What an experience. And I also love the look of palm trees. It is a beautiful city depending on what part you are in!

3. averageguypov profile image58
    averageguypovposted 6 years ago

I just graduated from UCR 8 months ago and moved about 6 months ago. i lived a couple blocks from chicago and university. Not sure how the area was in the 70's, but now it is not a "nice" area. Gangs and a large homeless population. Riverside, like most places has some nice areas and some that aren't so nice. It was especially hit hard by the recent mortgage/housing crisis.

working