jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the secret to winning the presidency of the United States?

1. RKHenry profile image78
    RKHenryposted 6 years ago

What is the secret to winning the presidency of the United States?

This is completely subjective.  I think it all boils down to who has the most ad money, & not necessarily about the promises made.

2. thecollecktor profile image70
    thecollecktorposted 6 years ago

You win by being blind to those whose believe they have the power to get you elected.  You must be true to yourself and have the vision to build on the history and meaning of what the country means and stands for. 

You may not win with the powers that be, but the victory will greater for sure.

3. Allen Williams profile image83
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

@RKHenry  The answer to your question depends on if you are competing legally or not.  The secret to winning in the last Presidential election was to cheat.  It was full of corruption with ACORN, and since it was a history making election by electing someone from Chicago, the Justice Dept. didn't do anything about it.  I didn't make a mistake in my statement.  It wasn't history making because he has a dark tan, it was history making to elect someone from Chicago, land of gangster corruption.

If people play by the rules and then to win the Presidency you need to connect with the voters and be honest.  That is all that is needed if corruption does not enter the picture.  You made the statement that you believe it boils down to who has the most ad money and not necessarily about he promises made.  Most of the time the corruption is where the money is.  We as a nation need to change the system and cap the amount of money that can be spent.  I don't care if you spend it all on the first month of your campaign or spread it out but all candidates should be limited to the same amount that can be used.  That amount has to be low enough so honest people have a chance to run and win.

4. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

You have to be adopted by the media, pure and simple. While connecting with the voters and being honest sounds great, it is still only a theory, since no President has really tried it -- at least, arguably, not since about the first half-dozen. If you win the media, then anything the majority of the population sees will be skewed in your favor.

5. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Possession is nine tenths of the law. If you own something (money,land property, resources etc  ... Then you ARE the law. Notice I said 9/10ths .. so I guess there is always a chance for a minority figure to arise as a powerful 1/10th

6. suzettenaples profile image90
    suzettenaplesposted 6 years ago

I have to agree with you.  The last several elections it has been the one with the most money, wins!   So it seems the candidates buy the presidency.  In some presidential elections I just voted for the person that was the lesser of two evils.  It is sad what our presidential elections have come to and are all about.