jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Will we ever live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without b

1. Captain Redbeard profile image58
    Captain Redbeardposted 6 years ago

Will we ever live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without being interrogated?

2. Paul Westphal profile image78
    Paul Westphalposted 6 years ago

I would really like to think so, but you never can be too sure.

3. danielleantosz profile image73
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

Lol, I doubt it. Chicken discrimination at its finest.  Maybe they should leave Arizona!

4. The Underholt profile image92
    The Underholtposted 6 years ago

If the chicken crossed the mobius strip he'd be on the same side!

5. phoenixarizona profile image68
    phoenixarizonaposted 6 years ago

Nope, I think humanity won't be able to stop until they get the answer to why said chickens insist on crossing the road.
    I suppose it is humanity's way of searching for the meaning of life, perhaps when we find why chickens cross roads we will reach enlightenment.

6. Doc Snow profile image97
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

I doubt it.  Neither will doors cease to be knocked upon, nor will odd groups of humans (and sometimes other beings) fail to walk into bars!

On the other hand, I believe there *have* been a few signs of respect for Rodney Dangerfield.

7. profile image0
    ChuckGposted 6 years ago

As longer as the rooster is in charge, I'm afraid the chickens will have to stay in the hen house or take their chances when crossing the road. However, if they were to band with ducks, they could form a new society and then who knows? The road will belong to the chicducks. I'm just saying, anything is possible.

8. Seek-n-Find profile image90
    Seek-n-Findposted 6 years ago

Roads are just the beginning.  Trains, planes, automobiles, and cyberspace will be next!

9. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

Lol... just last night I was looking at a humor piece I wrote some time ago about this very thing. Here is a bit of it, you can tell by the political joking that I wrote it quite awhile back; It was titled "A Fowl Foke, the Two Chicken Theory.

"Freud with his bit about it’s implications of sexual inadequacies and beak envy. 

Darwin evolved to a theory based on the misconception that if animals, and man, can evolve they have, in fact, done so.

We’ve heard proposals about the chicken’s basic right to cross byways; claiming that he didn’t need to explain his reasoning to anyone but himself.

Lenin claimed it was inevitable and Marcello hinted that it was done against a great wind.

The United States Congress wants it investigated and the Senate is urging the House to fund it. Hillary refers to it as a vast right drumette conspiracy started by anti-Arkansan Evangelists.

Meanwhile, Bill clearly states that he doesn’t know the chicken, has never seen the chicken or for that matter any chicken. He also wants a definition of just what a “road” is?

G. W. Bush isn’t sure what a chicken is but he is pretty sure we should attack it before it attacks us.

I, on the other hand, believe that it is most likely a matter of faulty historical record keeping. And I am compelled to correct it by offering the true history of the chicken, the road and a good number of other historical inaccuracies..."

10. ttagpine profile image80
    ttagpineposted 6 years ago

To Borsia; Change "Bill" to "Herman" & it should bring your piece up to date.wink

11. Jon Kohan profile image67
    Jon Kohanposted 6 years ago

it's the classic one chicken ruins it for everyone situation. back in 1902 the famous Eddie the chicken was crossing the road and stop by an officer of the law and asked what he was doing on that strech of road during the night. When Eddie couldn't give an answer the officer searched him and found a handgun, and a a sack of money. now every chicken is questions why they are crossing the road to hopefully stop another bank robbery.

or so i've heard.