jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Being able to make a good income for yourself criteria in being a good United St

1. Hezmyjoy profile image59
    Hezmyjoyposted 6 years ago

Being able to make a good income for yourself criteria in being a good United States President?

Just because someone goes from rags to riches, would he be an excellent candidate to be a President especially in these economical times?

2. conradofontanilla profile image81
    conradofontanillaposted 6 years ago

Earning an income is one criterion for being a good president. But a president cannot act on his own analysis or persuasion. There are a lot of forces around him. In fact, one who wants to act on his own cannot make it to the presidency especially in the United States. After one term, Lyndon Johnson could run for reelection as president but he withdrew from the race after consulting with some wise men of America. He was reported as commenting "How could I be president if I could not go to a conference table and say what I want?"

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

No. If you can make money, how did you make it? Do you follow all of the rules getting to where are you? If someone can just make income, we might be smashing a lot of toes later. Also that would make anyone president.

4. Cassie Smith profile image68
    Cassie Smithposted 6 years ago

I don't think that would necessarily make a person an excellent candidate.  It depends on how heshe got rich.  The method will tell us more about that person's character and whether he/she would make an excellent candidate.