jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is "Sorry" the only way to realize our mistakes?

1. shwetha123 profile image71
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

Is "Sorry" the only way to realize our mistakes?

Most of the time when we did some mistakes we say only "Sorry". So just to say sorry makes us free from our mistake which we did.

2. prektjr.dc profile image86
    prektjr.dcposted 6 years ago

Saying you are sorry doesn't set you free from the mistake or the responsibility of the consequences from your mistake any more than saying you are a cheeseburger makes you one.  It takes intentional follow through and owning up to, and handling, the consequences that means you are truly sorry.  It shows the true regret and intention to make improvement.  It is worth the effort....every time!

3. kallini2010 profile image81
    kallini2010posted 6 years ago

I don't think anyone can live a life without "mistakes".  They are not mistakes, they are learning experiences.

There are plenty of reasons of saying or not saying "Sorry".  As long as you learn... you grow.  If you hurt others, you can apologize, but it does not change the fact that you did what you did.

In most cases, "sorry" is an automated response not related to any thinking whatsoever.

To realize you have to think, whether you say "sorry" or you don't, whether you regret your choices, your actions.

But regrets are futile.  Just learn and move on.

4. loveorlost profile image38
    loveorlostposted 6 years ago

I dont think so. We are used to it , when we made mistake we say sorry but we never sorry in real.

5. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image80
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 6 years ago

No. Saying sorry does not make us free from our mistakes. It is a way of showing the other person (s) that you understand the consequences of your actions and that you wont repeat it. Many a times we dont say sorry from deep within our hearts. we just say it because we feel its appropriate to do that to make someone feel better. This is bad.

6. JamesPoppell profile image84
    JamesPoppellposted 6 years ago

I believe sorry is the half way point. One has to make it right, if the situation calls for it. Furthermore, I believe that the mistake must be forgotten and never repeated. So, the formula would say, (1) Say your sorry, (2) make amends, (3) forget it and never repeat the mistake.

7. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

It is just an empty word, if you don't really mean it...action means more than words...do something special, useful, unforgetable to compensate for a mistake you have done...

8. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Saying "sorry" only states that you acknowledge making a mistake. It isn't how you realize your mistake. You can realize your mistake by seeing how the person reacts to what you did as an example.

Although you have apologized by saying that you're sorry, that does not mean that you have compensated for your mistake. There may be other actions you need to do to make things right.

working