jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Are some people born haters, or do they learn it along the way?

1. dadibobs profile image60
    dadibobsposted 6 years ago

Are some people born haters, or do they learn it along the way?

2. Loveless City boy profile image60
    Loveless City boyposted 6 years ago

Some people are just a$$holes. Others get messed with and turn out to be haters.Others are a$$holes that turn into hateing a$$holes

3. dadibobs profile image60
    dadibobsposted 6 years ago

Your response would certainly indicate this. @maxoxam41

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

More than likely they are born that way and have the hate gene flowing in their blood.  There are some kids that mimmick and adapt every behavior they see  their parents exhibit, regardless of the outcome it will have and blindly follow suit, no one is to blame, it just is what it is.  There is no way in hell anyone in their right mind would want to be a hater, there is nothing appealing, sexy, attractive or proud about pouting over someone else's hard work or fortune.

5. Ana Teixeira profile image84
    Ana Teixeiraposted 6 years ago

Some are born, others are made, others learn it by themselves.. either way.. there is always a "cure" smile

6. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Most definitely they learn it along the way! No doubt in my mind.

7. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

it is learned behavior....we come onto the planet without bias, prejudice, or other negative qualities. by listening to those who influence that person the most, an individual learns to hate, detest, despise others. it is really quite sad. a child is filled with animosity to a group for no reason except that they have been taught to feel that way.

8. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

I've wondered this about my sister in law; her parents definately are not haters; they are lovely people. she is the exact opposite...I've asked my husband many times, 'has she always been like that or did something cause it?' I do think that most of it happens along the way. people can change though (although everyone says that my sister in law never will :-( )

9. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

How can anyone be born a hater?  We have to learn everything else about who we are the the hard way--our names, our family, our tastes. . .  At most, we can be born with an unhappy, combative disposition.

10. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

People usually hate or despise what they don't understand...there is a thin line from distrust of something new to prejudice and hate....I believe more education means less hate in the world...we are not born to hate, we are born to mistrust or to be aware of things we don't understand...

11. Angela Blair profile image80
    Angela Blairposted 6 years ago

I think what we're exposed to from birth through adulthood shapes our thinking be it parents, siblings, love, mistreatment or being totally ignored. I do not, however, think criminals should be able to use childhood/life experiences as a defense for their actions. That said, after a certain age, we also have choices as to what we accept and what we deny -- what we incorporate into our lives and what we don't.