jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you could do one thing today to make the world a better place, what would it

1. JosieLee profile image76
    JosieLeeposted 6 years ago

If you could do one thing today to make the world a better place, what would it be?

2. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Kick my oil habit.  The oil addiction of developed countries is really causing a lot of problems in the world.

3. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 6 years ago

I would rid the world of the need to impress other people. This would allow us to do more of what we love, make decisions based on facts and honesty, and nearly eliminate greed as we know it. The need for power, fancy/un-needed material belongings and vanity all stem from needing the approval of others. When this stops, many things will get better on their own.

4. Doc Snow profile image97
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

Boost renewable energy sources.  Climate change is going to hurt everybody very badly if we go on the way we have been.  Most people see it as a problem for the future, but it's quite possible that disasters such as the 2003 European heatwave, the 2010 Russian heatwave, and various floods and droughts in the 00s resulted in part from AGW.

In that case, the fatalities from climate change already number in the tens of thousands.

But we haven't seen anything yet, since it takes several decades for equilibrium temperature to be reached.  That is, the warming is that far behind CO2 increases--so if we stopped emitting CO2 completely NOW, we'd still see warming increase for years.

We are in more trouble than we know.

5. Craig Suits profile image76
    Craig Suitsposted 6 years ago

That's easy....Give everyone a quality education. It's the only thing that seperates humanity from primitive animals and behavior as such...

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I do this every single day of my life................

I feed those who can no longer feed themselves.

7. nextstopjupiter profile image80
    nextstopjupiterposted 6 years ago

I would turn the big banks into big bangs