jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think there is less emphasis on good manners these days?

1. Ella Quirk profile image77
    Ella Quirkposted 5 years ago

Do you think there is less emphasis on good manners these days?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

No, I don't. For the most part I have dealt mostly with gentlemen and ladies, from all walks of life.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, I believe there is less emphasis on good manners and there seems to be no sense of propriety anymore.

I was watching a Friends episode today and I love that show.  But they used the word a$$ no fewer than 10 times when referring to someone's behind.  It is just base - when did it become good manners or a decent thing to do to speak like a gutter snipe?

4. SarahandSophia profile image63
    SarahandSophiaposted 5 years ago

I am actually stunned at the rudeness of people these days. Amazed how they can cut you off in traffic and shove you with their grocery carts in the grocery store. At restaurants people eat with their hands and don't know how to use a knife and fork properly.

5. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

It appears that people are simply too wrapped up in themselves to bother with good manners. When holding a door open for someone and even when I'm in the checkout and they ASK me if they can use my store card to get a discount on their grocery bill, I get no thank yous more often than I'd expect.

Every so often, traffic is like a life and death battle at times where people feel safe in their vehicle/cocoon to do as they please. Sometimes I actually pray to see cops pull them over or see them stuck on the side of the road, sidelined with some costly car trouble. That actually happened once. And yes, it brightened my day to see there is such a thing as karma.

6. profile image54
    lasertekservicesposted 5 years ago

People have become self-centered nowadays. When an unfavorable incident happens, they easily loose their manners.

working