jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do the Americans feel about the British Forces as Allies.

1. old albion profile image70
    old albionposted 6 years ago

How do the Americans feel about the British Forces as Allies.

An honest non contencious question from an Englishman.

2. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 6 years ago

Honestly, I can't think of a better ally to have than the Great Britain. I'm not sure our present administration feels the same but that's how I feel.

3. Palomides profile image74
    Palomidesposted 6 years ago

The British are, ideologically and culturally, our closest friends.  Having the British as an ally is an honor.

4. UnnamedHarald profile image97
    UnnamedHaraldposted 6 years ago

If only we spoke the same language...

Admittedly biased on both sides (if that's possible).

5. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I shouldn't be answering this I guess but its a good question. I think both countries have benefitted really well from being allies and the down-side, if any, has been minimal. Long may it continue, especially as I have so many good friends in the USA.

6. aethelthryth profile image93
    aethelthrythposted 6 years ago

Pretty much everyone I know seems to consider the English to be almost as good as Americans as soldiers.  In fact, the main problem is that your accent sounds so educated, and everyone knows soldiers are men of action, not talk....

Also, we American women think it very quaint and romantic to have a queen and princes and all that.  Now if we could just figure out who in Hollywood to elect. 

Oh, wait.  You were asking about Britain.  Well almost everyone I know can't remember the difference between England and Britain, which probably says something about the validity of our opinions.

working