jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Is there any need for royalty in today's world?

1. meow48 profile image74
    meow48posted 5 years ago

Is there any need for royalty in today's world?

2. larakern profile image73
    larakernposted 5 years ago

I do not think so... I mean the only thing I really see royalty doing is activities and things focused around the media. I believe the whole idea of "royalty" in today's world is just for show. In today's world celebrities are treated more like royalty.

3. maxoxam41 profile image75
    maxoxam41posted 5 years ago

No need for royalty? What for? For the people's to encourage them in their elitism? I wonder why people gave them the right to differentiate themselves from everybody?

1. larakern profile image73
      larakernposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I wonder the same thing. Where did this idea start and why is it still seen as something that is needed today? Why were the first "royals" chosen and how did they justify their reasoning for this? I may have to do some research into this.

4. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

No and it's truly silly in my opinion all the attention given to "royal weddings" etc.  Everyone goes gaga over it and I just don't get it.  What makes these people any better? Nothing.  We are all human beings to be valued and respected.

5. profile image50
    Openmind19posted 5 years ago

No, the idea of royalty is just wrong, we are supposed to all be equal as human beings; the idea that a group of people are supposedly better and more important than everyone else just because of the family they belong to is just outrageous.

6. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

There hasn't been any real need for these spoiled and pampered people for a long time.

working