jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think makes a Serial Killer? What do you think?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image74
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

What do you think makes a Serial Killer? What do you think?

If you click the photo I included it lists the characteristics of a serial killer. I wonder what everyone thinks about this.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6811002_f260.jpg

2. k2jade31 profile image80
    k2jade31posted 5 years ago

The perfect mix of DNA and environment-nurture vs. Nature.

3. tlmcgaa70 profile image76
    tlmcgaa70posted 5 years ago

many things can contribute to the make up of a serial killer. chemical imbalances, drugs, abuse. they kill for different reasons, some kill because they see their victims as filthy or sinful. some because they have been rejected and hurt badly by the opposite sex. whatever the reasons they kill, it boils down to mental issues. normal thinking people are able to reason things out. these people cannot reason, they get stuck on a one way track so to speak. their thoughts circle rather than move forward.

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image74
      crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great answer. I've been studying them for years and I'm still learning. But I do agree with you.

4. aviannovice profile image91
    aviannoviceposted 5 years ago

Everyone is right here.  I am researching a book on serial killers and happen to write to a few.  Surprisingly, the even try to manipulate one through the mail.  I would also like to add that the problems contributing as environmental, sociological, and psychological.  This attribute for killing cannot be lumped into one category.  Basically, these people have mentally broken down.  For every killing, the thrill-fear aspect turns into an addition, like cigarettes do to a smoker, but obviously not the same thing.  But they have to have it.

working