jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is anybody sick of political and religious opinions being phrased as questions?

1. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Is anybody sick of political and religious opinions being phrased as questions?

Maybe I didn't get the memo, but I thought that the place to air your political and/or religious views were the HubPages forums? Am I wrong?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6842236_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Thank you Georgie - yes yes yes.  I am tired of getting lectures on a number of things under the guise of questions. I flagged one recently and they took it down--it was just lecture on raising kids.  All they have to do if they want to expound on their opinions is write a hub.

So I am with you on this one!

3. Catherine Kane profile image81
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

I am tired of people who "ask a question" that is really not a question, rather an excuse to lecture.

I don't have as much problems with someone who includes their viewpoint as information as part of the question (ie : "here's where I'm coming from, so what's your opinion?"...)

4. lovemychris profile image57
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Ok, I'll ask a legit question: Does anyone know of a good political forum on the internet, where one can speak freely? Does such a thing exist?

1. Attikos profile image79
      Attikosposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Depending on your leanings, Democratic Underground or Daily KOS would be a friendly environment. Most other places value (gasp!) actual discussion and debate, not just moralistic promotion of one point of view.

5. pmorries profile image79
    pmorriesposted 5 years ago

Why are people who are sick of political and religious opinions being phrased as questions such avid fans of that sicko, Jar Jar Binks?

1. Georgie Lowery profile image96
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Waitaminute. I heart JarJar!

working