jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do Arabs and Israelis hate each other?

1. profile image49
    renessanceposted 5 years ago

Why do Arabs and Israelis hate each other?

2. perrya profile image87
    perryaposted 5 years ago

They all have different reasons, some are historical related, others just passed on hatred from personal experiences. It all comes down to how Palestine was divided up in 1948 or so.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Because for the decades prior to World War II the Israelis wanted their own country, which happened to already be a strip of land in the Levant called Palestine. The Israelis eventually took over Palestine in the 1940s and called the new state "Israel". The Arab world has united behind the Palestinians to get their lands back and there has been war ever since. Because of the decades of attacks against the post-1947 State of Israel, the Israelis have expanded further into Arabic territories to create buffer colonies to protect themselves. This has led to even greater backlash from the Arabs. It is the official policy of the US government to keep war brewing between Israel and the Arab states.

4. Veroniquebee profile image76
    Veroniquebeeposted 5 years ago

I do agree in some points voiced by Old Empresario and vehemently disagree with others.

It's true that Jews often came to what is now recognized as Israel and bought terribly overpriced land from the Arabs living there. And in that time, it was desert, and only the Jews' care of the land made it into greenery and country which was able to feed people who lived there. That's when the Arabs started to protest, because hey, they sold them dry desert, not this green land - this must be a deceit from the Jews!

The sad fact is that once the Arabs started massacring the Jews, the Jews started to return "the favour". And that was even before the Israel was founded.

My father, who is former military officer, met with students of Syria and Egypt several times during his time at academy. When he asked what they think about the issue Israel/Palestine, the Egyptian todl him: "Sorry, my country signed peace, so I have no opinion." While the Syrian told him: "My country is ready to fight for Palestinians - to the last of the Palestinians."

Personally I think that this illustrates the view of surrounding countries - the surrounding countries mostly do not give a rat's a.. uhm, butt, about the Palestinians. But hey, why not to use them as a tool in the war against that small country? And it had been proved as soon as the Israel was founded - they wree preparing for it, because there is no way peaceful countries would be able to launch an attack in 24 hours after the Israel had been announced.

It's a fact that Israel started in not completely legitimate way (which is definitely partly United Nations fault). But at the same time, I do not think it gives everyone the right to demonize the Israelis and victimize the Palestinians. Wrongs are on both sides - so why don't the media show it as well?