jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Should a person keep some comments to him or herself?

1. LanaLu profile image61
    LanaLuposted 5 years ago

Should a person keep some comments to him or herself?

Some articles have been very judgmental with lack of knowledge on the topic but the comments have been long and argumentative... When should a person realize that some comments should be kept to themselves? Or should they utilize their freedom of speech and educate those being judgmental?

2. greeneryday profile image77
    greenerydayposted 5 years ago

There is nothing wrong with the comment everybody has their own perspective toward everything, What we must try to remember is when to stop when the argument become to long, at the end of the day people should respect each other for what the others believe. Giving opinion is all right, getting into useless debate is something to avoid...

1. LanaLu profile image61
      LanaLuposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Greeneryday, I am asking this question because there have been many hubs which have long conflicted answers and the comments and arguments never stop...

3. jenniferlynn78 profile image60
    jenniferlynn78posted 5 years ago

In my opinion, there is a time and place for everything. I believe commients that are biased, laced with prejudice, discrimination, sterotyping, labeling, hateful, and stereotypes should be kept to one's self as it could be defined as a hate crime.  However, some things we can say because of the freedom of speech but the speech should be respectful.  Arguments bring on multiple view points, which serves to gain better understanding and knowledge from different angles. Arguments solve at times many problems...it's a part of life!

working