jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

We've Made Great Advances Technologically But Have We Socially, Ethically And Em

1. vveasey profile image85
    vveaseyposted 5 years ago

We've Made Great Advances Technologically But Have We Socially, Ethically And Emotionally?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6858360_f260.jpg

2. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

It is a life lesson for individual when they are born. I do believe that parents are part of bringing up children to have social ethics and emotional between others.

That is how I bring up my children by teaching the right moral lesson. Teach them what is wrong and right. Explain why it is wrong to do certain things.

3. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

People are exactly the same as they were at the dawn of history. Only our circumstances change. We never do.

4. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

No, not as a people. Individually, some have.

The great corrupter, ego, is just as strong now, for most, as it was in the beginning of our ejection from the "Garden."

In fact, our technological advances seem to hinder our advancement in the other areas, because they tend to create a reliance on physical continuity.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No, I think morals have gone way downhill.

6. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Excellent question. Your question "But have we ......?" is in itself the answer. Of course, socially (isolation on the web-like now) and ethically it has gone downhill like JThomp42 pointed out.Emotionally, is an individual thing.

1. MaestroECMcCloud profile image78
      MaestroECMcCloudposted 5 years agoin reply to this

For all our technological advances, we still have a lot to learn about how to love one another and simply exercise common decency towards one another.

2. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

People often neglect decency, you're right. It seems that the pace of life and all this anti-social technology is a good way to promote that. And I don't agree with replacing books 100% with computers.

working