jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What are the 10 scientific, technological, & medical advances which will be quit

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 23 months ago

What are the 10 scientific, technological, & medical advances which will be quite commonplace

in the decade of 2090?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image60
    Tusitala Tomposted 23 months ago

I will try for ten, here.
    1. GPS will become even more commonplace, and records of all travels will be accessible.
    2. Miniturisation will become common as electronics get smaller and finer.
    3.  Worldwide travel will increase further as air-transportation becomes even cheaper.
    4. Accurate diagnosis of illnesses will increase as medical technological scanning devices proliferate.
    5. New home-building products will enable house construction to proceed at increasing speeds.
      6. Inter-solar system travel will be available to people who wish to visit the Moon or spend a few days in one of - by then - huge artificial satellite cities orbiting the world.
    7.  The electric car, bus, train and tram will completely supersede the oil-powered surface transport of today.
    8.  Paid work, as we know it today, will be a privilege and an honor; most people will not have to work.
    9.  Conservation of resources such as fish-stocks will be sacrosanct.
    10.  There will be a world-governing body and the idea of 'nationhood' will have become almost a thing of the past as it is recognized that all human beings are IN THIS TOGETHER.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 23 months ago

My ten year old was watching the Disney show "Lab Rats" and asked if I thought cybernetics would be available like that. I said yes. He asked when he could get the super vision, speed and so forth. I replied, "The first person to get cybernetics would be your friend X, because she had her pancreas fail, and a replacement organ will improve her life. Then would be people blind from diabetes getting new eyes, people deaf from infections maybe getting new organs, the way people with crippling arthritis in joints get new joints today."
    We'll see better artificial organs on the market if only because of sheer demand, from eyes to kidneys to livers, with millions who need them now and millions who will need it in the future as the grey wave ages.

1. Tusitala Tom profile image60
      Tusitala Tomposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Though 'artificial'  they will probably all come from the actual physical tissues of those they are provided too.  Gene manipulation will probably have reached such a high level we might even be able to 'grow back limbs' like a lizard's lost tail.