What are the 10 scientific, technological, & medical advances which will be quite commonplace
in the decade of 2090?
I will try for ten, here.
1. GPS will become even more commonplace, and records of all travels will be accessible.
2. Miniturisation will become common as electronics get smaller and finer.
3. Worldwide travel will increase further as air-transportation becomes even cheaper.
4. Accurate diagnosis of illnesses will increase as medical technological scanning devices proliferate.
5. New home-building products will enable house construction to proceed at increasing speeds.
6. Inter-solar system travel will be available to people who wish to visit the Moon or spend a few days in one of - by then - huge artificial satellite cities orbiting the world.
7. The electric car, bus, train and tram will completely supersede the oil-powered surface transport of today.
8. Paid work, as we know it today, will be a privilege and an honor; most people will not have to work.
9. Conservation of resources such as fish-stocks will be sacrosanct.
10. There will be a world-governing body and the idea of 'nationhood' will have become almost a thing of the past as it is recognized that all human beings are IN THIS TOGETHER.
My ten year old was watching the Disney show "Lab Rats" and asked if I thought cybernetics would be available like that. I said yes. He asked when he could get the super vision, speed and so forth. I replied, "The first person to get cybernetics would be your friend X, because she had her pancreas fail, and a replacement organ will improve her life. Then would be people blind from diabetes getting new eyes, people deaf from infections maybe getting new organs, the way people with crippling arthritis in joints get new joints today."
We'll see better artificial organs on the market if only because of sheer demand, from eyes to kidneys to livers, with millions who need them now and millions who will need it in the future as the grey wave ages.
Though 'artificial' they will probably all come from the actual physical tissues of those they are provided too. Gene manipulation will probably have reached such a high level we might even be able to 'grow back limbs' like a lizard's lost tail.
by Grace Marguerite Williams5 years ago
What type of scientific and technological advances do you believe will occur fromthe 2010s to the 2060s?
by The Medicine Man5 years ago
We've Made Great Advances Technologically But Have We Socially, Ethically And Emotionally?
by Dot19 months ago
My husband wants me to quit my job so he can become the sole provider, what do I do?Why do males always have to be the boss all the time? A friend asked me this question and I wanted another opinion , what do you...
by Grace Marguerite Williams23 months ago
Relating to the increasing & advanced technological/computerized advances in the United States,which groups of people will profit, even thrive in the advanced computerized society & which groups of people...
by Hokey7 years ago
A group of researchers working at the Human Genome Project indicate that they made an astonishing scientific discovery: They believe so-called 97% non-coding sequences in human DNA is no less than genetic code of...
by HAYESREB3 years ago
Have advances in medical technology over-populated the world by negating natural selection?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.