jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

To the people who don't like either major candidate: who are you voting for and

1. hockey8mn profile image75
    hockey8mnposted 5 years ago

To the people who don't like either major candidate: who are you voting for and why?

2. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

If you don't like Romney or Obama, you can vote for Gov. Johnson (Libertarian Party), Jill Stein (Green Party), Rosanne Barr (Peace and Freedom Party), or write in any other candidate you chose.  Unfortunately, under our present system, regardless of who else you vote for, Romney or Obama will be your president next year.

1. lone77star profile image85
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You may be right. I wouldn't doubt if the voting machines are rigged,... again! There's clear evidence that many electronic machines in Florida were rigged in 2000. In my answer I give 2 video URLs that show voting is gone.

3. Josak profile image61
    Josakposted 5 years ago

I will be voting for Stewart Alexander because I like voting with my principles not just for what is convenient.
    I also considered voting for the Cthulhu party because I don't believe in voting for the LESSER of two evils but that's a terrible joke.  tongue

Lovecraft for president? Hilarious. Thanks for not being Corporate Party... that would be scary.

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Good grief, I had no idea Roseann was running.  Some kind of joke, I assume....The Libertarian Party SHOULD be our third major party, but for many reasons, our country just won't allow this to happen. 
    Brass tacks....I do not like either candidate....several reasons for each, but basically, they've both lied, given too little details in terms of WHAT exactly their alleged plans are.for the country....But, I will not pass on my right and obligation to vote.
    By use of two columns....and my list for each candidate, of my own opinions, gathered by watching, listening and reading.....plus a big spoonful of Political hubs, written by very intelligent and informed hubbers, whose opinions I have come to respect.....and a dash of the past 4 years, which are not much to write home about......I'm going with Mitt.   
    That was awfully nice of you to put this question up....again.  I hope you get a lot of responses.

The Corporate Party approves. It really doesn't matter to them whether you vote for Obamney or Rombama -- Hitler or Stalin. If those were the only choices, I'd simply refuse to vote. Mitt is just a different flavor of evil.

5. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

Gary Johnson, Libertarian.

The opposite of both Corporate Party candidates on the important issues to America's survival:

* No more wars of Corporate greed
    * No more shredding of the Constitution and Bill of Rights
    * No more fiscal insanity -- $16.3 Trillion in debt bubble and accelerating toward a pop

I love the idea of a currency not based upon debt slavery.

I love the idea of a nation without a privately-owned Central Bank (the Fed) running the country and spending Trillions overseas without Congressional oversight.

I love the idea of eliminating personal income taxes while, slashing government spending and balancing the budget all in one fell swoop.

Please! No more Communist America. We know how bad that experiment was in Russia. People need to be more self-reliant and compassionate, individually. You can't legislate compassion. When Trillions of dollars are at stake, government "compassion" turns into tyranny. Just look at American healthcare and education. Both are slipping into oblivion. America is getting dumber and dumber and sicker and sicker.

I like the idea of being able to take vitamins and cancer cures without being told by the government that I have to get sick and die, instead.

Quite simply, I like a government that's not sick.

Both halves of the Corporate Party already trashed voting at their most recent presidential conventions:

RNC Scripted:

DNC Scripted:

Watching these 2 short videos made me sick to my stomach. America raped by the Corporate oligarchy.

I remember Germany 80 years ago, and see the same things happening.

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I think it sends a big message when you don't vote. It's a good form of passive protest.

1. Aficionada profile image86
      Aficionadaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It could also send a message that someone just doesn't care, can't be bothered, is lazy or immature, or feels entitled. I myself would not think of a non-vote as a form of passive protest at all, even if someone told me that it was their motivation.