jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is there more to the story of David Patreus' resignation as head of the CIA?

1. lrc7815 profile image87
    lrc7815posted 5 years ago

Is there more to the story of David Patreus' resignation as head of the CIA?

2. janshares profile image98
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

I have a feeling there is more, lcr. I think it was a way to avoid a worse scandal for him, his family, and the Administration. The timing is suspicious. I personally find it sad to see him lose his good reputation. It's just very sad, no judgment here.

lrc7815posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree that it is very sad to see such a long and successful career end this way.

3. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Of course there was more but if they told you, they would have to kill you. LOL

You are telling the truth.  lol

4. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

The only people who know if there is more to Petraeus' resignation are the administration, the other woman, the general himself and perhaps those in the inner circle. It is a tragedy when someone of the General's stature succumbs to the desires of another younger woman and throws away a 37 year marriage and an honorable career, in both the military and as a civilian. This man was respected by Republicans and Democrats alike and now he steps down from his powerful position in disgrace. Who knows what the back story really is, but I would venture to guess there will be a powerful book and perhaps a movie in the future. It is a sad, sad story, for sure.

I agree.  I just hope he wasn't the sacrificial lamb for something else.

Closed to reply

working